Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2017 Belmont Stakes

Featured Replies

The prospective Belmont Stakes field as of May 28: Classic Empire, Epicharis, J Boys Echo, Lookin At Lee, Senior Investment, Tapwrit, Twisted Tom and True Timber. Likely to run: Meantime and Multiplier. Possible starters: Conquest Mo Money, Gormley, Hollywood Handsome, Irish War Cry, and Patch

  • Replies 30
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like a good field, but I will have to research several of these, as I am not familiar with them.

 

BTW the $500,000 Penn Mile is this Saturday and has a strong field as well. My minority interest horse may run there, but it would be against, for one, the horse that kicked our rear in the Desert Code two weeks ago....Armsrunner.

Looks like a good field, but I will have to research several of these, as I am not familiar with them.

 

BTW the $500,000 Penn Mile is this Saturday and has a strong field as well. My minority interest horse may run there, but it would be against, for one, the horse that kicked our rear in the Desert Code two weeks ago....Armsrunner.

 

Looks like a bigger than normal field for the Belmont. With no odds on favorites, should be a good betting race.

I'm pulling for Classic Empire. I would like to see him win one of the big four.

BTW "my" horse Cistron finished 3rd in the Penn Mile Saturday. It was a mile on turf. He ran the best of his career and won the Northern Spur on the dirt at Oaklawn in April, but the trainer is stuck on him being a turf horse. I am not sure I get why?

I'm pulling for Classic Empire. I would like to see him win one of the big four.

 

Contenders and odds for the 2017 Belmont Stakes as of June 6.

 

Classic Empire 2/1

Irish War Cry 7/2

Senior Investment 9/2

Epicharis 8/1

Tapwrit 8/1

Lookin at Lee 9/1

Multiplier 15/1

Meantime 18/1

Twisted Tom 18/1

Conquest Mo Money 25/1

Gormley 25/1

J Boys Echo 25/1

Master Plan 25/1

Patch 25/1

Hollywood Handsome 40/1

Irap 40/1

Time to travel 40/1 True Timber 40/1

I'm pulling for Classic Empire. I would like to see him win one of the big four.

 

Contenders and odds for the 2017 Belmont Stakes as of June 6.

 

Classic Empire 2/1

Irish War Cry 7/2

Senior Investment 9/2

Epicharis 8/1

Tapwrit 8/1

Lookin at Lee 9/1

Multiplier 15/1

Meantime 18/1

Twisted Tom 18/1

Conquest Mo Money 25/1

Gormley 25/1

J Boys Echo 25/1

Master Plan 25/1

Patch 25/1

Hollywood Handsome 40/1

Irap 40/1

Time to travel 40/1

True Timber 40/1

Would a mod please erase post 6? Thanks!

Not sure why, but I like Gormley.

Classic Empire has scratched due to a hoof abcess.

 

Bummer.

This is going to be one of those races where one of 5 or 6 horses can win it, much like many of the prep races this year. Be interested in seeing what I come up with after reviewing the PP's.

Maybe it is Lookin at Lee's turn.

Man, with the type of horse he is charging late like that, requiring that much zip and gas and giving two hard runs in the first two races, I just don't see it happen. Would love it and had him in the Derby and love Lanerie, but I don't see him being able to close as hard as he did in the Derby.

  • Author
Man, with the type of horse he is charging late like that, requiring that much zip and gas and giving two hard runs in the first two races, I just don't see it happen. Would love it and had him in the Derby and love Lanerie, but I don't see him being able to close as hard as he did in the Derby.

 

Belmont is typically won by "stalkers" and not "deep closers" because of the lack of pace in a mile and a half race. Winner is usually within 4 of the lead at the Mile pole.

 

But this year is wide, wide open.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.