Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Braves Security Guard Has No Chill

Featured Replies

I can understand ejecting the guy for interfering with the play of the game but why did he have to take the ball away from the kid?! Glad to see the Braves are responding in a positive way; that wasn't the kid's fault.

First, you can't interfere with a live ball. The security guard was right to be there on top of things. The dad probably should have been ejected.

 

The security guard's mistake was taking the ball from the kid. At that point, the play is over and the guilty party was sent packing. No reason to crush the little boy's hopes and dreams.

  • Author

My thoughts are the same with you guys. Zero reason to take that ball from the kid.

 

Probably got caught in the moment.

I agree that the ball should not have been taken from the kid. The dad probably should have been ejected or at lest moved.

 

The other issue I have is: Why do they build new ball parks where fans can interfere with a ball that is in play? It is just gonna happen, human nature eventually gets some one.

After thinking about it, I think I go with giving the man a warning and playing on. I think an ejection is too stiff of a penalty and the kid did nothing wrong. Don't take his ball.

Well, here's the deal as I see it. It's posted at the park and I think on your ticket, not to interfere with play or you'll be ejected. The security guard probably has rules to follow, he's obviously on camera and if he doesn't follow the "rules" set forth for his job, he'll probably be let go. HOWEVER, taking the ball from the kid was not the thing to do and if that's the procedure for those occasions, Braves security may want to rethink that one for PR.

I've only seen this video once but before he took ball away, didn't he check with security front office via his walkie talkie or whatever and then take the dad and the ball? Maybe I'm wrong on this?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.