Finke

CovCath Hitting

Schaefer 1/4 1 run scored

France 1/3 1 rbi

Coldiron 1/1 2 runs scored

CovCath WP/Sv

Casteel (4-4)

France (6-1-1)

With the "W" CovCath improves to 26-7-1 and next plays Wednesday in the 35th District Championship Game vs. the Beechwood vs. Holmes winner at CovCath with the 1st pitch coming at 5pm

Really simple.

Both pitchers pitched well. CCH made plays. HC fell apart in one inning.

TOG will correct me but I think all 3 runs scored with 2 outs in the 5th. Runner on first, wild pitch moved the runner to 2nd. France lined a single to left. LF charged in order to try to hold the runner at 3rd or throw him out at the plate. He muffed the ball and the runner scored. I think there was then a walk to put runners on 1st and 2nd with 2 out. High fly ball to CF. Not sure what happened but the CF dropped it. 2 runs score.

Ball game.

Casteel pitched really well after the first inning. I think he only gave up 2 hits after the first. France heat was too much for the Tribe.

I gave France a rbi on the run scored by Schaefer, as Coach Krumps was sending in the runner regardless if 7 muffed the ball or not.

WP Casteel

5.2 innings 6 hits 1 double 1 HR 2 runs 2 earned runs 7 k's

Sv France

1.1 0 hits 0 runs 4K's

I gave France a rbi on the run scored by Schaefer, as Coach Krumps was sending in the runner regardless if 7 muffed the ball or not.

WP Casteel

Sv France

1.1 0 hits 0 runs 4K's

I would lean towards an RBI as well.

Post season baseball. Survive and advance.

Bingo! Holy Cross came to town with nothing to lose. Their starting pitcher, Owen Finke pitched a heck of a game. Their catcher was very good behind the plate and at the plate. I believe it was the catcher that hit the 2 run bomb in the 1st inning.

My original post is what I sent to the Cincinnati Enquirer and other news outlets.

Holy Cross 2-0-0-0-0-0-0--02

....CovCath 0-0-0-1-3-0-x--04

Holy Cross Hitting

Yancey 1/4 1 run scored

Webster 1/2 HR 2 rbi's 1 run scored

Haggard 2/3 double

Holy Cross LP

Finke

CovCath Hitting

France 1/3 1 rbi

CovCath WP/Sv

Casteel (4-4)

France (6-1-1)

I think it is rather simple to read and understand but the below is what the outstanding sports staff at the Cincinnati Enquirer posted about the CovCath vs. Holy Cross game.

35 District tournament

Covington Catholic 4, Holy Cross 2

W-Casteel (4-4); L-Finke. Sv-France (6-1-1). Leaders: CC-France RBI. HC-Webster 2 RBI; Haggard 2-3, 2B. Records: CC 26-7-1

It is me or is this pretty sad?

My original post is what I sent to the Cincinnati Enquirer and other news outlets.

Holy Cross 2-0-0-0-0-0-0--02

....CovCath 0-0-0-1-3-0-x--04

Holy Cross Hitting

Yancey 1/4 1 run scored

Webster 1/2 HR 2 rbi's 1 run scored

Haggard 2/3 double

Holy Cross LP

Finke

CovCath Hitting

France 1/3 1 rbi

CovCath WP/Sv

Casteel (4-4)

France (6-1-1)

I think it is rather simple to read and understand but the below is what the outstanding sports staff at the Cincinnati Enquirer posted about the CovCath vs. Holy Cross game.

35 District tournament

Covington Catholic 4, Holy Cross 2

W-Casteel (4-4); L-Finke. Sv-France (6-1-1). Leaders: CC-France RBI. HC-Webster 2 RBI; Haggard 2-3, 2B. Records: CC 26-7-1

It is me or is this pretty sad?

I am sorry TOG, but I must be missing the problem. Do you think they should have included more or is something inaccurate?

They meaning the Enquirer didn't post that Webster hit an HR.

They want you to give them the information but then left out something like an HR this isn't the 1st time, they did the same thing with a game of ours when Dixie (Winkler) hit a HR.

WP Casteel

Sv France

1.1 0 hits 0 runs 4K's

Because the coach was sending him you gave him an RBI?

Because the coach was sending him you gave him an RBI?

Think about this if you would. Runner on 1st base he attempts to steal, pitcher throws a wild pitch, do you give the runner a SB? Sure you do! Now if he went to 2nd after the Wild Pitch was thrown, there is no SB.

Runner had committed to going home prior to the muff, (Coach told me as such) so would the runner been out at the plate? In my honest opinion no, too many things good had to happen to get the runner out at the plate and the runner was already past 3rd on his way home, so I gave the batter an RBI. Of course on the error a play or two later, it was an error and with two outs in the innings there was no rbi's earned by the batter. 3 runs 1 earn run in the inning.

RUNS BATTED IN

10.04 (a) Credit the batter with a run batted in for every run which reaches home base because of the batter's safe hit, sacrifice bunt, sacrifice fly, infield out or fielder's choice; or which is forced over the plate by reason of the batter becoming a runner with the bases full (on a base on balls, or an award of first base for being touched by a pitched ball, or for interference or obstruction).(1) Credit a run batted in for the run scored by the batter who hits a home run. Credit a run batted in for each runner who is on base when the home run is hit and who scores ahead of the batter who hits the home run.(2) Credit a run batted in for the run scored when, before two are out, an error is made on a play on which a runner from third base ordinarily would score.(b) Do not credit a run batted in when the batter grounds into a force double play or a reverse force double play.© Do not credit a run batted in when a fielder is charged with an error because he muffs a throw at first base which would have completed a force double play.(d) Scorer's judgment must determine whether a run batted in shall be credited for a run which scores when a fielder holds the ball, or throws to a wrong base. Ordinarily, if the runner keeps going, credit a run batted in; if the runner stops and takes off again when he notices the misplay, credit the run as scored on a fielder's choice.

I believe a CCH/BW matchup is what most fans like to see year in and year out even though both teams have usually already punched their ticket for Memorial Day. I believe that BW had a better district record in the regular season yet CCH is the host team. I might have missed the reason previously but why is BW not the host?