Giants @ Reds (5/5-5/7)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Garrett optioned to AAA Louisville.

Just short term roster management/maneuvering, right?

It will be interesting to see how they manage Garrett over the couple weeks. They are trying to manage his innings. Does that mean he skips a start in Louisville and just sits? Do they start him one game for 2-3 innings and then yank him so he gets work and stays sharp? It will be interesting to watch.

With a couple off days coming up they can skip his starts and have an extra arm in the bullpen. He can't be recalled until May 20th, which would be after the Super Two date passes which gives them another year of control. As much as it sucks and he deserves to be up, it makes sense from the Reds standpoint.

Cannot remember the last time the Reds scored double digit runs in consecutive games.

I spoke to someone in "upper management" a few weeks ago who shared with me they have a very good clubhouse culture this season. He also said look for this team to continue to get better over the next three seasons!

So far so good considering the solid start vs what most thought they would do. GO REDS!!!

With a couple off days coming up they can skip his starts and have an extra arm in the bullpen. He can't be recalled until May 20th, which would be after the Super Two date passes which gives them another year of control. As much as it sucks and he deserves to be up, it makes sense from the Reds standpoint.

Do you have a link or are you able to explain the Super Two rules?

Cannot remember the last time the Reds scored double digit runs in consecutive games.

I spoke to someone in "upper management" a few weeks ago who shared with me they have a very good clubhouse culture this season. He also said look for this team to continue to get better over the next three seasons!

So far so good considering the solid start vs what most thought they would do. GO REDS!!!

Should have gotten rid of phillips years ago.

Do you have a link or are you able to explain the Super Two rules?

In short the player has to be in the top 22% of the players that have between 2-3 years of service time. They reach arbitration a year earlier than the others.