How Long Can the Reds Stay Over .500?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bailey could be one of the Reds top two starting pitchers, but I'm not buying it. Dig up all the numbers on him you want but some are real bad, To begin with, he can't stay healthy, throws his fastball at 95mph as straight as the arrow on his fore arm, with no movement at all. Then add in even the slowest runners steal steal him blind and not a very good pick off move for obvious reasons. Other than that, he's perfect.

Just absurd.

I have said it earlier, I like this team, they are young and playing hard, they will have struggles at times, if they didn't have to play the Cubs and Indians around 20 plus times this team would be over 500 in my opinion. If they could go 500 against these 2 teams they may surprise some more people.

I think whether they stay over .500 or not will come down to the Bullpen, we have a nice lineup, we have good SP in Garrett, Feldman, Finnegan besides his last start, & Rookie Davis is decent, and whenever Desclafani comes back that will make our Rotation even better. But I think it comes down to the Bullpen, and I'm hoping they keep playing great, so I think we stay above for the rest of the season.

I have said it earlier, I like this team, they are young and playing hard, they will have struggles at times, if they didn't have to play the Cubs and Indians around 20 plus times this team would be over 500 in my opinion. If they could go 500 against these 2 teams they may surprise some more people.

19 games versus the Cubs, only 4 versus the Indians

During his ten (10) seasons pitching for the Reds, 25% of runners have been "caught stealing" against Homer Bailey; the league average is 28%.

Pretty sure the caught stealing falls mostly on the catcher, not the pitcher.

Pretty sure the caught stealing falls mostly on the catcher, not the pitcher.

Well, I guess you blew your "even the slowest of runners steal him blind and he doesn't have a pick off move" argument out of the water. Good thing we have a hall of fame catcher making up for Homer's deficiencies.

Well, I guess you blew your "even the slowest of runners steal him blind and he doesn't have a pick off move" argument out of the water. Good thing we have a hall of fame catcher making up for Homer's deficiencies.

Homer Bailey pick offs:

2007-1

2008 -0

2009-1

2010-1

2011-1

2012-0

2013-0

2014-1

2015-0

2016-0

Obviously, if your on the DL.......................

For Homers' 10 year MLB career, 5 pickoffs total. This would indicate that he doesn't have a good pickoff move. :lol2: :lol2:

Claiming his fastball doesn't move is beyond absurd.

And you're whole everyone steals on him bit already got proven false....

Gotta love "hot takes"

See post 27. What do the stats indicate? :lol2:

Homer Bailey pick offs:

2007-1

2008 -0

2009-1

2010-1

2011-1

2012-0

2013-0

2014-1

2015-0

2016-0

For Homers' 10 year MLB career, 5 pickoffs total. This would indicate that he doesn't have a good pickoff move. :lol2: :lol2:

Or that he never has anyone on base, he did throw 2 no hitters.

Homer Bailey pick offs:

2007-1

2008 -0

2009-1

2010-1

2011-1

2012-0

2013-0

2014-1

2015-0

2016-0

Or it's really good and they don't test him.