Open Job: Calvary Christian

This is a tough job to fill. The additional expectations may lead some potential coaches away from this job. Nothing against the expectations at all, just not the flavor that most are likely interested in .

What sort of expectations? District champ? More? Is anything like that realistic at CC?

Not sure if this applies to this situation, but they have very strict religious doctrinal requirements. For example, my nephew was not allowed to attend kindergarten there because his parents (my sister and B-In-Law) have a differing view on Baptism then the school board.

So I would assume that someone that identifies as a Catholic or Methodist or something would no be allowed to work there.

But this may be irrelevant to this situation.

Not sure if this applies to this situation, but they have very strict religious doctrinal requirements. For example, my nephew was not allowed to attend kindergarten there because his parents (my sister and B-In-Law) have a differing view on Baptism then the school board.

So I would assume that someone that identifies as a Catholic or Methodist or something would no be allowed to work there.

But this may be irrelevant to this situation.

You are exactly correct on these conditions. Again, I'm not opposed, it's very clearly spelled out, just may not be for everyone...

• 4 weeks later...
Dale Brown, former University of Kentucky basketball player, has been named the new Head Coach of the Calvary Christian School Boys Varsity Basketball Team. Per Calvary Facebook post.

Coached at Eminence last year. If he sticks to the system he ran last year, they will run and press the whole game, regardless of whether they are winning or losing or by how much

Glad to hear that Calvary has landed a new head coach.

I'm not sure that running and pressing the whole game is what they need. It has gotten them nothing but frustration the past few seasons. In order to press effectively you better have a athlete pool that is up to the task. Running and shooting the "3" at first opportunity has provided their opponents with plenty of opportunities to put points on the board and defeat the Cougars soundly.

I hope that Coach Brown will take a look at his talent and play a style that will allow them to compete to the best of the best of their ability.