How many sports Halls of Fame are there in Kentucky???

Colonels_Wear_Blue

I saw that Josh Moore of the Herald Leader was tweeting earlier today about this year's class of inductees to the Kentucky High School Hall Basketball Of Fame. I'll go ahead and claim ignorance here, and acknowledge that I didn't realize there was such a thing. I realize there's probably some kind of athletic hall of fame for most every high school and college around the state, but how about the ones other than those?

I know of a handful of halls of fame - particularly those around NKY - but I figured I'd see what else was out there...and who oversees them/where it's based out of.

Dawahares KHSAA Hall Of Fame
KHSAA Offices, Lexington, KY
The Kentucky High School Athletic Association

Kentucky Athletic Hall Of Fame
Kentucky Fair & Expo Center, Louisville, KY
Operated in part by the Kosair Charities

Kentucky High School Baseball Coaches Association Hall Of Fame
Louisville, Kentucky
Kentucky High School Baseball Coaches Association

Kentucky High School Basketball Hall Of Fame
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Independent Non-profit Organization

Kentucky Pro Football Hall Of Fame
Lexington, KY

Kentucky Softball Coaches Association Hall of Fame
Kentucky Softball Coaches Association

Louisville Catholic Sports Hall Of Fame
Louisville, KY
The Louisville Catholic Sports Network

Northern Kentucky Athletic Directors Hall Of Fame
NKY Athletic Directors Association

Northern Kentucky High School Boys Soccer Coaches Association Hall Of Fame
NKY High School Boys Soccer Coaches Association

Northern Kentucky Sports Hall Of Fame
Villa Hills Civic Club, Villa Hills, KY

Too many. Everybody gets a trophy, everybody gets in the HOF.

I think HOF's are a little different from giving folks a trophy. HOF's are about recognizing a CAREER, and generally they are about recognizing a career within a specific group. The recognition is as much to be celebrated within the group as anything else. I think that's why most of these organizations aren't exactly shouting at the rooftops to advertise the induction of folks into their halls.

Just at a glance the Northern Kentucky Hall of Fame inductees feels a little heavy on Basketball/Football and pretty much mostly male. There are certainly exceptions, but I can think of some really good athletes that aren't on the list and some ones on the list that I say to myself - really?

There is a Kentucky Hall of Fame Cafe in Ashland. Pretty good food and an excellent atmosphere if your a UK fan. I think Ashland is the only city in the country to have one of the "Hall of fame Cafe's" that's not in the city of said University. A little off topic, buy hey, you just asked how many Hall of Fame's are in the state lol.

John Horton at one time. But I do not know now. Yellow Card might.

@Yellow Card, any ideas?

Maniac is correct, there is a Northern Kentucky High School Boys Soccer Coaches Association Hall of Fame. It looks like they started inductions in 1994 and have added 4-5 members per year. I am not aware of any site that is maintained, I got my info from the program given out at the most recent banquet.

I can tell you that Coach Horton was inducted in 2015.

Maniac is correct, there is a Northern Kentucky High School Boys Soccer Coaches Association Hall of Fame. It looks like they started inductions in 1994 and have added 4-5 members per year. I am not aware of any site that is maintained, I got my info from the program given out at the most recent banquet.

I can tell you that Coach Horton was inducted in 2015.

Are you sure? I was inducted in Year 2 and I thought he was right afterwards. He should have been in the first classes

Are you sure? I was inducted in Year 2 and I thought he was right afterwards. He should have been in the first classes

Year 2, as in 1995? Official, or Player?

Program says 2015 for Horton, I went through each of the years prior, no mention of him. I wonder if he could have been inducted before he actually retired.