Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hypocrites. All Of You.

Featured Replies

Kansas star Jackson charged with criminal damage

 

Everyone goes crazy about Grayson Allen tripping people and Coach K only suspending him for a game, but Coach Self has a player with criminal charges brought against him and decides to take appropriate "in house" punishment and it's quiet. Were you really that upset with Allen or is it just the fact that he is the "white guy" at Duke that gets everyone up in arms? FTR: I can't stand Duke, I just think it's very hypocritical hearing seemingly no criticism for Self when a thread about a habitual tripper gets 15 pages.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know exactly why one was an issue and the other isn't. Don't be silly.

  • Author
You know exactly why one was an issue and the other isn't. Don't be silly.
Oh I know why. Still doesn't change the fact that's it's very hypocritical.
Kansas star Jackson charged with criminal damage

 

Everyone goes crazy about Grayson Allen tripping people and Coach K only suspending him for a game, but Coach Self has a player with criminal charges brought against him and decides to take appropriate "in house" punishment and it's quiet. Were you really that upset with Allen or is it just the fact that he is the "white guy" at Duke that gets everyone up in arms? FTR: I can't stand Duke, I just think it's very hypocritical hearing seemingly no criticism for Self when a thread about a habitual tripper gets 15 pages.

 

It's all about the video. As we have seen recently. When there is video for people to see, then people get a lot more upset. It's not right there shouldn't have to be a video. However sadly in today's world without video of it, people don't get as wound up about it.

To be fair the issue with Allen was the repeated incidents. He has some issues that need to be dealt with. It's highly unusual and unique.

 

Apples and oranges with KU.

I brought it up in this Thread post # 58, back on Feb 2nd...where was your outrage then :lol2:

  • Author
I brought it up in this Thread post # 58, back on Feb 2nd...where was your outrage then :lol2:

He just got charged today I believe.

He is charged with same things, essentially, that Xavier's Myles Davis was. He missed about 15 games. Want to bet JJ sits for fewer games?

He just got charged today I believe.

 

I posted a link to the case over 2 weeks ago!

 

So much crap swirling in Lawrence, it's hard to keep up.

He is charged with same things, essentially, that Xavier's Myles Davis was. He missed about 15 games. Want to bet JJ sits for fewer games?

 

What's so bad about this case is that it was in retaliation for her reporting him.

  • Author
To be fair the issue with Allen was the repeated incidents. He has some issues that need to be dealt with. It's highly unusual and unique.

 

Apples and oranges with KU.

What Allen did was stupid. What Jackson did was criminal. There's a big difference to me. Yes it is Apples and Oranges I agree, and I understand why Allen and Duke are hot topics on here. But I'm just trying to expose the hypocrisy from the people who wanted Allen suspended for the rest of the year but don't say a word about Jackson when what Jackson did was far worse and his punishment (from the team) is far less.

Interesting story related to this. He vandalized the car of a female b-ball player and she reported it. Her PT immediately went down. She had been playing 28 minutes per game. Since she reported it she has been playing about 14. Some are wondering....

  • Author
I posted a link to the case over 2 weeks ago!

 

So much crap swirling in Lawrence, it's hard to keep up.

I think the incident occurred in December but only formally charged today. But you're right there is so much stuff happening in Lawrence and you hear almost nothing about it on here or the national media either.

What Allen did was stupid. What Jackson did was criminal. There's a big difference to me. Yes it is Apples and Oranges I agree, and I understand why Allen and Duke are hot topics on here. But I'm just trying to expose the hypocrisy from the people who wanted Allen suspended for the rest of the year but don't say a word about Jackson when what Jackson did was far worse and his punishment (from the team) is far less.

 

Just because no one says a word doesn't mean they don't want action taken. Let's be honest though - it's not news anymore when an athlete gets arrested and I assume this is a misdemeanor. It's like he got busted for underage drinking. We starting a thread every time that happens?

 

We have not seen anything like what Allen has done in a long, long time. I don't kill him like most. I hope he gets help for whatever causes him to lose it but he's thread-worthy unlike any other athlete who gets in "normal" trouble.

  • Author
He is charged with same things, essentially, that Xavier's Myles Davis was. He missed about 15 games. Want to bet JJ sits for fewer games?

He isn't suspended at all. That's my problem with this whole situation. Self said it was handled internally.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.