February 25, 20179 yr What Allen did was stupid. What Jackson did was criminal. There's a big difference to me. Yes it is Apples and Oranges I agree, and I understand why Allen and Duke are hot topics on here. But I'm just trying to expose the hypocrisy from the people who wanted Allen suspended for the rest of the year but don't say a word about Jackson when what Jackson did was far worse and his punishment (from the team) is far less. I don't think it's hypocrisy, I just think most people aren't aware of it. Allen's issues led Sportcenter and every other talk show for days when they happened, this story is just another player getting arrested...barely makes the news. I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that would agree that he needs to be suspended and maybe even arrested. Kansas is a cesspool right now, but we just don't see much news on it...thus the lack of outrage.
February 25, 20179 yr He isn't suspended at all. That's my problem with this whole situation. Self said it was handled internally. He should have been more transparent since this was a criminal act.
February 25, 20179 yr Author Just because no one says a word doesn't mean they don't want action taken. Let's be honest though - it's not news anymore when an athlete gets arrested and I assume this is a misdemeanor. It's like he got busted for underage drinking. We starting a thread every time that happens? We have not seen anything like what Allen has done in a long, long time. I don't kill him like most. I hope he gets help for whatever causes him to lose it but he's thread-worthy unlike any other athlete who gets in "normal" trouble. I don't really kill Allen like a lot of UK fans do either. It's a shame that normal trouble now usually means some sort of criminal charges. I personally think both Coach K and Coach Self have the right and authority to discipline their teams in whatever way they see fit and I'm certainly not naive enough to think Cal wouldn't react similarly if put in their situations. I just think it's a little hypocritical that's all.
February 25, 20179 yr Author I don't think it's hypocrisy, I just think most people aren't aware of it. Allen's issues led Sportcenter and every other talk show for days when they happened, this story is just another player getting arrested...barely makes the news. I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that would agree that he needs to be suspended and maybe even arrested. Kansas is a cesspool right now, but we just don't see much news on it...thus the lack of outrage. Well then that begs the question why doesn't it get the media coverage. But maybe what the media covers and doesn't cover would be best left to the controversial issues forum.
February 25, 20179 yr The way the media slobbers all over Kansas and Self is disgusting. Seriously, watch one of their games, the announcers need a cold shower afterwards, it's disgusting. The fact that Self's personal slobber boy Goodman hasn't reported on any of the criminal issues they've had does away with the tiny sliver of credibility that clown ever had.
February 25, 20179 yr You know exactly why one was an issue and the other isn't. Don't be silly. Because one played at Duke versus one plays at Kansas?
February 25, 20179 yr You are 100% correct. It is hypocrisy. Just like when Duke wins no one starts a thread. As a soon as Duke loses the thread is up 5 minutes after the game ended. Never fails. We know what it is though.
February 25, 20179 yr I cant say hypocrisy 100%, but there is some. I also feel like anytime you here about a college athlete getting arrested its just normal. But if you want to talk about pure hypocrisy, imagine if UK and KU had the situations reversed. There would be without a doubt in my mind, a national uproar about how rogue Cal is, and talking heads saying "told you so".
February 25, 20179 yr I think the incident occurred in December but only formally charged today. But you're right there is so much stuff happening in Lawrence and you hear almost nothing about it on here or the national media either. Most people on here don't even know where Lawrence Kansas is.
February 25, 20179 yr Author The way the media slobbers all over Kansas and Self is disgusting. Seriously, watch one of their games, the announcers need a cold shower afterwards, it's disgusting. The fact that Self's personal slobber boy Goodman hasn't reported on any of the criminal issues they've had does away with the tiny sliver of credibility that clown ever had. If the stuff happening in Lawrence was happening in Durham or Lexington it would be the lead story on SportsCenter.
February 25, 20179 yr If the stuff happening in Lawrence was happening in Durham or Lexington it would be the lead story on SportsCenter. Truth
February 25, 20179 yr What Allen did was stupid. What Jackson did was criminal. There's a big difference to me. Yes it is Apples and Oranges I agree, and I understand why Allen and Duke are hot topics on here. But I'm just trying to expose the hypocrisy from the people who wanted Allen suspended for the rest of the year but don't say a word about Jackson when what Jackson did was far worse and his punishment (from the team) is far less. How many people posted they wanted Allen suspended for the rest of that year? I'd call out those 5 people instead of calling us all hypocrites.
February 25, 20179 yr Author How many people posted they wanted Allen suspended for the rest of that year? I'd call out those 5 people instead of calling us all hypocrites. If you thought Coach K was wrong for only suspending Allen a game, but don't get equally as worked up about Self not even suspending Jackson a game that makes you a hypocrite IMO.
February 25, 20179 yr If you thought Coach K was wrong for only suspending Allen a game, but don't get equally as worked up about Self not even suspending Jackson a game that makes you a hypocrite IMO. What happen with Allen was was better to talk about on a message board. Nothing more. I honestly wasn't even sure what was going on with KU there was like 10 different things going on a once. Didn't have time to keep up with it all. Sure he should have been suspended. Self gets off the hook like he does for everything.
February 25, 20179 yr Author What happen with Allen was was better to talk about on a message board. Nothing more. I honestly wasn't even sure what was going on with KU there was like 10 different things going on a once. Didn't have time to keep up with it all. Sure he should have been suspended. Self gets off the hook like he does for everything. That's fine. I understand Allen is certainly easier to talk about because you can visually see what he did. But I'm just frustrated in general that Kansas is getting this pass that Duke and UK sure as hell would not be getting. Calling you all hypocrites is just a way to get everyone's attention.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.