Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Public Address Announcers in the 9th Region

Featured Replies

Just wondering if anyone has a favorite, or has found one they like while visiting the many schools in the 9th region?

The guy at Ryle is a bit over the top (like a classic WGRR DJ voice) but good.

Just wondering if anyone has a favorite, or has found one they like while visiting the many schools in the 9th region?

 

The guy at Ryle is a bit over the top (like a classic WGRR DJ voice) but good.

 

Welcome aboard @19feet9inches and @Pink Nightmare

 

And cool thread!

  • Author

I like how the AD or coaches from each school used to vote on one to do the regional tournament each year. Kind of a reward for that person. Having it at NKU has taken that away.

Yes they did, I was fortunate to get to do the last one at Conner, they also used to vote on district announcers also, but it seems now who ever the host is just does it. I do the boys at Holmes, another gentleman does the girls, one of my favorites on the boys side has always been Rusty at Scott, I think he has a nice blend. All in all I think everyone does a nice job.

Mr. Johnson at NDA has a really good PA voice and I always enjoyed listening to him announce.

  • Author
Yes they did, I was fortunate to get to do the last one at Conner, they also used to vote on district announcers also, but it seems now who ever the host is just does it. I do the boys at Holmes, another gentleman does the girls, one of my favorites on the boys side has always been Rusty at Scott, I think he has a nice blend. All in all I think everyone does a nice job.

 

I'm pretty sure his name is Rocky if we are talking about the same person. Yes, he has been there a long time and does a good job. If they could only get a better sound system in there.

Not 9th, but South Oldham had a student PA guy a few years back. He had an outstanding voice. The first time I walked in and heard him, I thought it was a recording playing an announcement.

Also not the 9th, but Calvary Christian's guy does a wonderful job. Supportive of both teams and overall just really positive.

I think the student at South Oldham has "retired" here recently to focus on his studies at U of L. He did a great job.

I love the dude at Lloyd.

Honestly, I don't generally notice the level of involvement of a PA guy, but the fella at Beechwood seems to do more play by play than others ("Smith will inbound the ball", "nice assist by Johnson", etc.). Do others do that and I just haven't noticed? He does a nice job.

Honestly, I don't generally notice the level of involvement of a PA guy, but the fella at Beechwood seems to do more play by play than others ("Smith will inbound the ball", "nice assist by Johnson", etc.). Do others do that and I just haven't noticed? He does a nice job.

 

The joker at Williamstown announced a frustration foul a couple weeks ago, so yeah, it happens.

  • Author
Honestly, I don't generally notice the level of involvement of a PA guy, but the fella at Beechwood seems to do more play by play than others ("Smith will inbound the ball", "nice assist by Johnson", etc.). Do others do that and I just haven't noticed? He does a nice job.

 

No need at all for the play by play imo. I think the biggest thing is that less is more. Speak so that people can understand you, pronounce the names correctly, give the name of the person that scores,call who the foul is on, how many personal fouls that they have, and how many team fouls that they have. Also try not to be too much of a homer.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.