Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Owensboro Area Predictions Wk. 6

Featured Replies

Apollo 35 Daviess County 6 Apollo continues to impress me every week. They are a tough team and they showed a lot of heart pulling out the win last week against John Hardin. DC is having a major problem stopping the run and I just don't think it will get better against apollo.

 

O Cath 49 Todd Co 7 Now that Catholic is into district play they are starting to look like the team that we thought they would. They are running the ball more effectively with Ward and Ijames. Walker and Holland seem to have a great chemistry through the air as well. I think Catholic will jump out early and cruise to the final gun.

 

Owensboro 7 Male 28 The stout OHS defense will get a huge test against Male. They have not and will not face a team with this type of athleticism all year. I expect them to hold their own early but Male will be to much in the end. Also I don't expect OHS to have much success moving the ball. Male will key on Hall and force someone else to beat them and I don't know if there is anyone esle that can do that.

Apollo 28 Daviess Co 10 I'm probably wrong but I think Apollo may overlook DC and not play to their potential. Apollo is probably 35+ points better than DC but I don't expect to see that type of performance.

 

OCath 55 Todd Co 7 Too much OCath

 

OHS 14 Male 21 I think OHS will hang around and give Male all they want and more.:fight:

Apollo wins easily.

 

Catholic wins easily.

 

I may be selling O'boro a little short but I think Male wins in a blowout. I've seen O'boro play 3 times and their offense is not impressive. OHS's speed will not be an advantage against Male.

Nothing against Owensboro, but I'm not sure there is anyone else in 4A that can get within two or three touchdowns of Male, St. Xavier and Trinity. A 28-7 score would be a good showing for the Red Devils.

Apollo 35 Daviess County 14

 

O Cath 56 Todd Co 8

Improving every week...........

 

 

Owensboro 14 Male 28

Apollo 35 Daviess County 14

 

O Cath 56 Todd Co 8

Improving every week...........

 

 

Owensboro 14 Male 28

 

Of course it doesn't hurt that the opponets are getting much worse as well.

 

I'm not sure we will know just how much the Aces have improved until playoff time.

  • Author
Nothing against Owensboro, but I'm not sure there is anyone else in 4A that can get within two or three touchdowns of Male, St. Xavier and Trinity. A 28-7 score would be a good showing for the Red Devils.

 

 

I understand what you mean. I thought I could have been pushing it to put 28-7. I hope noone sees this as disrespect for the devils more as a respect for Male and what they are capable of doing.

Of course it doesn't hurt that the opponets are getting much worse as well.

 

I'm not sure we will know just how much the Aces have improved until playoff time.

True. Given the state of things in the district and the revamped playoff system, it might be the state quarterfinals before we get a good handle of just how good the Aces are.
  • Author
Of course it doesn't hurt that the opponets are getting much worse as well.

 

I'm not sure we will know just how much the Aces have improved until playoff time.

 

Very much agree here. My big concern for this team is stopping a team that has the ability of pounding it at them. I don't see anyone in the district capable of doing that so it might be a few rounds into the playoffs before we know how good the Aces are.

I just don't know a whole lot about Male this year. I figured they were pretty good because they always are. OHS has a solid defense and they will probably give up more than they have given up all year but I do believe in that defense. IMO the offense can do enough to make OHS a very dangerous team.

 

About OCath I couldn't agree more. They looked bad against good competition but my hope is that the game will come a little easier because of that brutal beginning of the year. I agree the Aces won't play the level of competition they played at the beginning of the year unitl later in the playoffs.

Apollo 35, Daviess County 14- The Eagles are rolling right now and the Panthers are reeling.

 

Owensboro Catholic 56, Todd County Central 14-Todd scores on Catholics frosh. Aces continue district roll.

 

Louisville Male 28, Owensboro 14- See thread.

 

:fire:

I just don't know a whole lot about Male this year. I figured they were pretty good because they always are. OHS has a solid defense and they will probably give up more than they have given up all year but I do believe in that defense. IMO the offense can do enough to make OHS a very dangerous team.

 

About OCath I couldn't agree more. They looked bad against good competition but my hope is that the game will come a little easier because of that brutal beginning of the year. I agree the Aces won't play the level of competition they played at the beginning of the year unitl later in the playoffs.

 

Rafter-

 

i don't think they looked bad against Apollo (5-0) they played well without Neil Holland and with Stewart Ijames return.

They have delt with alot of injuries you don't know about. Now against South Spencer there was no run game and no tackling, against OHS there was alot of hitting, but it wasn't the Aces.

I'll be coming down highway 60 and know the way into Owensboro, but any help once I go by the By-Pass to find the field?

I'll be coming down highway 60 and know the way into Owensboro, but any help once I go by the By-Pass to find the field?
The school and stadium is on 431 (Frederica St.) ...
I'll be coming down highway 60 and know the way into Owensboro, but any help once I go by the By-Pass to find the field?

 

Shortly after crossing the by-pass 60 will turn into 2nd street which is one way through downtown (don't laugh). You will cross under the Ohio River bridge and after a few more blocks will see the Daviess Co. Courthouse on your left. The next street on the west side of the courthouse is Frederica, turn left. Go about 16 blocks as you get to 18th street you will see Owensboro High School on your right. Usually the best place to park is on the north side of the school, however, if you don't get there early, you will probably have to find a space on a side street. Good luck.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.