Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sickness

Featured Replies

I saw there has been multiple school closings and cancellations all over Kentucky because of sickness. Nicholas, Mason, Scott County, Fleming, etc. Also players from Bracken were sick during the season. Campbell players have been sick as well. Most of this coming around tournament time, are there any other games that have been cancelled or schools closed due to illness?

  • Author

Can a mod move this to Boys Basketball?

Owensboro cancelled their game with hoptown due to flu

What is the proper protocol in these situations? I understand if illness simply prevents you from having enough players to play the game. But say you have a few players sick but you have enough players to put a team on the floor; it would not be a very good team (perhaps borrowing some players from the jv team), but you can put a team on the floor. Is it proper to request a cancellation of the game in those circumstances when it is this late in the season, meaning that the game cannot be rescheduled? Or should you suck it up and put a team on the court and let things play out however they play out?

If a school has enough healthy players between their JV and varsity teams then play ball. At the least you need 7-8 players. I have a hard time believing most schools can't field 7-10 healthy players every night. Especially the bigger schools.

Does anyone know the reason for the Southwestern at Mercer game getting cancelled? I've yet to hear on this. I know they played the girls game and did the boys senior night stuff at halftime of that game

Does anyone know the reason for the Southwestern at Mercer game getting cancelled? I've yet to hear on this. I know they played the girls game and did the boys senior night stuff at halftime of that game

 

Sorry, I see an entire thread on this.....

I agree that you should not cancel a game because of not having enough players. If you need to move JV players up to have enough, that's what you do and play. However, if your school district cancels school then the game needs to be cancelled also.

Locally Doctors are telling kids to stay out of school for a week at least. With Flu evidently spreading quickly across the state this could wreak havoc on District Tourneys this week and maybe even Regional next week. A bad Flu bug hitting the wrong kids could kill many teams chances to make a run.

If a school has enough healthy players between their JV and varsity teams then play ball. At the least you need 7-8 players. I have a hard time believing most schools can't field 7-10 healthy players every night. Especially the bigger schools.

 

Im with you. Add in freshman kids too. Its the end of their season they should be ready at this point.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.