Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

8th Region All A

Featured Replies

This should be a great tournament this upcoming week at Walton Verona. Really think you could pick a name from a hat and not go wrong. I think the favorites are Gallatin, Williamstown, Walton Verona (home court). Would not be surprised one bit to see Owen or Eminence knock off Walton Verona (no sure winner over a capable Trimble team) in the 2nd round. Looking forward to results of this tournament, thoughts?

Completely agree. I have no idea who the favorite would be. Also interested to see which of these teams start a little momentum to their season. At first I thought gallatin would be the favorite.

All "A" Brackets

 

Having not seen three of the four teams on the bottom of the bracket, I'll take the winner of the second round matchup on the top as the 8th Region representatives in Frankfort.

  • Author

I believe pre season 8th region all A coaches ranking had Gallatin, Williamstown, Eminence and Owen as top 4. Walton Verona has beat Gallatin, Eminence and Owen but has yet to play Williamstown so it seems Walton Verona was overlooked prior to season start.

While I have no dog in this fight, I'm going to root for Williamstown for whom this opportunity rolls around much too scarcely.

? is, can the winner of this thing even be considered for the 8th region championship and trip to Rupp?

  • Author

Williamstown and Gallatin have a couple of the best guards in the region in Stanley and Wilson, Walton Verona has one of the best bigs in Miles. I think those 3 schools would be very competitive with top teams in the 8th. If Walton Verona had a guard like Stanley or Wilson I would put them right there at the top but I think that is their missing piece.

? is, can the winner of this thing even be considered for the 8th region championship and trip to Rupp?

 

KG2.jpg

Mustang, will you be coming to any of the games? I think you may find you know a few of these players parents & it should very competitive tournament.

? is, can the winner of this thing even be considered for the 8th region championship and trip to Rupp?

 

An 'A' team will not win the 8th in March...

Williamstown, Eminence, and Walton-Verona win tonight. Thursday semis will be Williamstown vs Gallatin County at 6:00 and Eminence vs Walton-Verona at 7:30.

An 'A' team will not win the 8th in March...

 

I'm always for the A schools, but I believe your statement is correct.

 

I saw you from a distance last night in Warsaw.

I'm always for the A schools, but I believe your statement is correct.

 

I saw you from a distance last night in Warsaw.

 

My thought is an A school had Mr. Basketball last season and couldn't get out of the first round. Not much chance this year. Maybe I will see you tonight.

Nothing against your post but I posted a similar post about the 10th Region and was told that I needed to post game by game threads.

Nothing against your post but I posted a similar post about the 10th Region and was told that I needed to post game by game threads.

 

You sound like the kid at school that's mad because the teacher got on him for something, but didn't see another kid do the same thing. Nobody likes that kid.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.