Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Are coaches being more aggressive with officials?

Featured Replies

Is that the same for players?

 

2 for players

  • Replies 47
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 for players

 

Thanks. Seems harsh for coaches to get 3 games compared to 2 for players.

  • Author
3 games for coaches

 

Thanks Sweet16. Reviewed the ByLaw and you are 100% correct. Thought Feldhaus seemed to push the officials pretty hard, especially the younger official that booted him. Maybe looking for a few days off during the holiday break.

Thanks. Seems harsh for coaches to get 3 games compared to 2 for players.

 

Coaches are adults. They should be held to a higher standard.

Coaches are adults. They should be held to a higher standard.
I understand that. I still think the penalties should be the same.
I understand that. I still think the penalties should be the same.

 

Can either attend practice throughout their suspension?

Can either attend practice throughout their suspension?
Good question. I think yes but I am not sure.
Can either attend practice throughout their suspension?

 

Yes

I think fans are being too aggressive with officials.

 

I completely agree with this. In my opinion This runs more officials off than coaches.

Compared to officiating in other states we have nothing to complain about. Just came back from out of state and it was the worst officiating I have ever seen. When players can taunt and shove people out of bounds with no calls made makes me want to shake the officiating crews around here hands. Had one official literally tell me to google that a player can tap the ball to himself all the way down court without it being a walk. My response then why dribble at all. At one point with 3 minutes left in the third quarter we had 10 fouls to one for the other team. The officials here may be bad to most people but you need to experience it in other states. My hats off to anyone who officiates any sport. It is easy to sit on the sidelines and complain.

  • Author
I completely agree with this. In my opinion This runs more officials off than coaches.

 

Fans can often be fueled by coaches. Especially fans that incorrectly think they know the rules. This thought partially generated this thread.

Compared to officiating in other states we have nothing to complain about. Just came back from out of state and it was the worst officiating I have ever seen. When players can taunt and shove people out of bounds with no calls made makes me want to shake the officiating crews around here hands. Had one official literally tell me to google that a player can tap the ball to himself all the way down court without it being a walk. My response then why dribble at all. At one point with 3 minutes left in the third quarter we had 10 fouls to one for the other team. The officials here may be bad to most people but you need to experience it in other states. My hats off to anyone who officiates any sport. It is easy to sit on the sidelines and complain.

 

They can tip it like that.

Compared to officiating in other states we have nothing to complain about. Just came back from out of state and it was the worst officiating I have ever seen. When players can taunt and shove people out of bounds with no calls made makes me want to shake the officiating crews around here hands. Had one official literally tell me to google that a player can tap the ball to himself all the way down court without it being a walk. My response then why dribble at all. At one point with 3 minutes left in the third quarter we had 10 fouls to one for the other team. The officials here may be bad to most people but you need to experience it in other states. My hats off to anyone who officiates any sport. It is easy to sit on the sidelines and complain.

 

I would suggest the team with 10 to stop fouling. Seems to me people think foul counts tell which team an official is wanting to win. Usually just means one team is slower, less skilled, or playing more aggressive d, than the other

winning a game out of region is almost impossible. The fact that coaches have so much control over rating/scratching in region officials is NOT good for the game. Every time I see an "upset" I always check to see where the game was played...and it's almost always out of region.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.