Lafayette vs. Trinity Updates - 6A State Championship

theguru

You have to train to stop on the whistle. Let it be instinct.

I agree but that is not the only problem. The trash talking, aggressive celebrations like they have never been there. The pushing, shoving, and constant personal fouls have been a problem no matter how his buddy Josh Moore at the Lexington Herald tried to help with his article last week. It does not change the fact that CHAMPIONSHIP teams don't do that nor can they do that. Fines for fighting, ejections, etc. if they did not have Walker Wood they would be a 500 team. He keeps them rolling and is special. They have had a ton of D1 talent for a public school in the last couple of years and not enough credit is given to Garry McPeek for the job he has done developing a great offensive line. Mathews the OC has taken the talent and put up a lot of points.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree but that is not the only problem. The trash talking, aggressive celebrations like they have never been there. The pushing, shoving, and constant personal fouls have been a problem no matter how his buddy Josh Moore at the Lexington Herald tried to help with his article last week. It does not change the fact that CHAMPIONSHIP teams don't do that nor can they do that. Fines for fighting, ejections, etc. if they did not have Walker Wood they would be a 500 team. He keeps them rolling and is special. They have had a ton of D1 talent for a public school in the last couple of years and not enough credit is given to Garry McPeek for the job he has done developing a great offensive line. Mathews the OC has taken the talent and put up a lot of points.

You said it...

Do me a favor and patronize me about that in the post game thread...read up on the Greater Catholic League in Cincinnati beforehand... :)

I don't know what I missed but I was teasing a former Moeller Coach recently about the Crusaders being the doormat of the league along with Elder.

It's not patronizing, just the truth.

And Trinity has played and beaten GCL teams before. They're hardly strangers to tough competition.

No one can knock Trinity's schedule.

Coaches are smart, you have really good teams and great teams. When you look ahead and schedule you do so accordingly to give your team the best chance at a state championship.

It's not patronizing, just the truth.

And Trinity has played and beaten GCL teams before. They're hardly strangers to tough competition.

And you'll have to wait to understand why I mentioned the GCL...has nothing to do with level of competition!