How has your life been effected under our last President?

My premiums more than doubled. And, now I am helping my grown children with their premiums because they are almost 900 a month and they don't qualify for subsidies. Can't wait until January 20th. Goodbye, good riddance and just go away.

I don't think the arrival of January 20th is going to instantly make everything roses.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The insurance premiums at my company stayed flat since the ACA was implemented. Business has been great. I have been able to give all of my employees substantial raises. Far fewer American service people have died in wars. LGBT people are out of the shadows. All in all, a great eight year run. I hope the incoming administration does as well.

I made more money than ever in my life and am set up for life financially, I am blessed. Now do I think Obama was responsible, no, but he did not hinder it. I did it on my own merits, talents, etc. My point being the President does not effect your life if you don't let it.

My children are substantially better off financially, also. On their own merits and talents, not mine. obama did not help or hinder them.

My insurance rates went up a little, but not significantly. Maybe I'm blessed, maybe I'm lucky, maybe I worked hard and invested well. One thing I didn't do with him, nor prior presidents, nor DJT is or will be blame them for my financial situation. Read the situation and adjust. It ain't that hard.

The insurance premiums at my company stayed flat since the ACA was implemented. Business has been great. I have been able to give all of my employees substantial raises. Far fewer American service people have died in wars. LGBT people are out of the shadows. All in all, a great eight year run. I hope the incoming administration does as well.

More income. Better health insurance with only slight increases the last year or so, more than offset by raise from employer. Hopefully, Donald will listen to Mr Obama's advice and the good times will continue under Mr Trump's leadership.

As to the bold, you are in the minority.

Consider yourself lucky.

As to the bold, you are in the minority.

Consider yourself lucky.

Maybe luck, but maybe not. I still pay less than $100/month for coverage with a $500 deductible. My employer, though, has made a conscious decision to shoulder 87% of the cost of health care for it's employees. But I can tell you that my friends that still work at SBUX also have experienced negligible increases and relatively flat deductible changes. My daughter and my son both have employers who offer very affordable health insurance, and their plans offer incentives if those covered get certain tests throughout the year, and if they participate in certain wellness activities.

My point is, it's not all on the President, the increase in premiums. I think it's convenient to blame him, but in truth, insurance premiums have risen every year since I can remember. Deductibles have fluctuated. One thing that is improved in all insurance plans is that many preventative tests and preventative care visits are required to be covered, where insurance plans used to sometimes not cover them, such as mammograms and colonoscopies.

Actual numbers, like the ones that Trump received in the Electoral College. :thumb:

So even if some or many insurance premiums increased, give me a President where they didn't. Seems to me it is only insurance, everything else seems to be fine or not a decline in quality of life under his policies. But you won't ever credit it. You are so biased and filled with dislike fior him nothing would convince Obama bashers and their biased numbers.

So even if some or many insurance premiums increased, give me a President where they didn't. Seems to me it is only insurance, everything else seems to be fine or not a decline in quality of life under his policies. But you won't ever credit it. You are so biased and filled with dislike fior him nothing would convince Obama bashers and their biased numbers.

So actual numbers are biased? Gotcha

If you can't see the ACA is a train wreck, you are blinded by bias of your own and being disingenuous.

By all means, continue with your bashing of us that will call it what it is.

If you can't see the ACA is a train wreck, you are blinded by bias of your own and being disingenuous.

What exactly are the trainwreck items? Please elaborate.

Sorry but I don't see the train wreck. In addition to my own company I also sat on the board of a nonprofit that saw a decrease in premiums. There are some problems with the exchanges and individual market that need some work, but my experience of the insurance market has been very positive.