Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Would You Vote for Michelle Obama ???

Featured Replies

She ain't running. Moot point, but definitely a woman intelligent enough to do it.

 

I believe she is intelligent enough not to do it.

  • Replies 53
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In a general election in 2020 or 2024.... I've seen and read enough about her to say that I absolutely would. Would you consider voting for her?
NO.
I'm curious as well. My aunt was the lunch room manager at Nichols Elementary in West Point, KY for almost 50 years. When I was a youngster and spent my summers at her house, I helped her plan the upcoming year's menus. Ketchup was considered a vegetable...that was 40 years ago. How could what kids are being served now be worse than having ketchup considered a veggie?

 

My daughters eat very healthy. They come home from school starved. I was curious, so I went and ate at the middle and high schools.

 

I'll put it this way, I've ate C-Rats, MRE's, Navy food, etc. I would rather have any of those.

 

Bland, no taste food. Meat looking substances barely at room temperature. The best part of the lunch was the apple.

Absolutely!! With her qualifications and experience, she'd be perfect!!

Just curious, how did the First Lady ruin school lunches? Some younger kids have told me that they blame her for taking away unhealthy foods and forcing them to eat better. Is this about it?

 

I'm curious as well. My aunt was the lunch room manager at Nichols Elementary in West Point, KY for almost 50 years. When I was a youngster and spent my summers at her house, I helped her plan the upcoming year's menus. Ketchup was considered a vegetable...that was 40 years ago. How could what kids are being served now be worse than having ketchup considered a veggie?

 

My daughters eat very healthy. They come home from school starved. I was curious, so I went and ate at the middle and high schools.

 

I'll put it this way, I've ate C-Rats, MRE's, Navy food, etc. I would rather have any of those.

 

Bland, no taste food. Meat looking substances barely at room temperature. The best part of the lunch was the apple.

@capt278 answered it for me.

Wait...did The First Lady take away square pizza?!?!

 

Yes sir!!!

 

Travesty!!!:lol2:

OK, someone needs to find this out...I believe that someone makes the menus, does the sourcing of product and prepares the food. Nutritional requirements can be met and tasty food sourced & prepared. Maybe the issue isn't the FLOTUS, maybe it's the school system's processes.

OK, someone needs to find this out...I believe that someone makes the menus, does the sourcing of product and prepares the food. Nutritional requirements can be met and tasty food sourced & prepared. Maybe the issue isn't the FLOTUS, maybe it's the school system's processes.

 

My oldest daughter plays on an Elite select soccer team(slight brag :D), and she plays with girls from other school systems. I've talked to the parents and they have the same complaints.

 

To receive the Federal dollars, they have to meet certain requirements. Maybe it just isn't cost effective to go the extra mile. IDK

HE double hockey sticks NO.

She is a bigger racist than Jesse Jackson and bigger spender on taxpayer dime than Marie Antoinette.

I need a go fund me to get me out of America before it all goes to heck.

My daughters eat very healthy. They come home from school starved. I was curious, so I went and ate at the middle and high schools.

 

I'll put it this way, I've ate C-Rats, MRE's, Navy food, etc. I would rather have any of those.

 

Bland, no taste food. Meat looking substances barely at room temperature. The best part of the lunch was the apple.

 

All in all it's just another brick in the wall!

So, I've been doing some investigating on the USDA website. I see some resources for schools, and quickly perusing I found this recipe, for instance, for barbecue chicken in a section for standardized recipes. I really think that if people are upset about their school's lunch program, they need to dig deeper at the local level. I can't find any indication that bland, tasteless and unidentifiable food is what is being mandated.

 

 

Barbecued Chicken - USDA Recipe D11

HE double hockey sticks NO.

She is a bigger racist than Jesse Jackson and bigger spender on taxpayer dime than Marie Antoinette.

I need a go fund me to get me out of America before it all goes to heck.

 

I'll set up automatic payments to contribute.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.