Should this Law Prof be fired?

jericho

U of L's President didn't get fired for dressing "Mexican". How is this any different?

I'm not saying I agree with it, I'm just curious how this is considered more offensive.

Unlike black face, there isn't a 150 year old historic precedent of white people dressing up with a sombrero and poncho to degrade Mexicans and and joke about how people from Mexico are from a lesser race. It isn't as offensive as dressing in black face is.

Unlike black face, there isn't a 150 year old historic precedent of white people dressing up with a sombrero and poncho to degrade Mexicans and and joke about how people from Mexico are from a lesser race. It isn't as offensive as dressing in black face is.

Thanks I was just curious what the difference would be. I feel like a professor should be capable of better decision-making.

That's not what I said. If you're going to read selectively to try and suit your own agenda then you make it clear that you aren't basing your argument with logic.

Was your point here to say that you support dressing in black face?

Geeeeez I was just stating that it seems no one cares about making fun of whites. Wasn't actually referring to you.

But yeah I think it's stupid.

Slavery was over more than a hundred years ago and no one alive was a slave.

I see it as people just wanting to pull a race card.

I see it as a Halloween costume

Geeeeez I was just stating that it seems no one cares about making fun of whites. Wasn't actually referring to you.

You know that even though we do not agree a lot on politics etc you know I've said I'd enjoy the chance to meet you. I don't say that about everyone so...

You're just not getting this issue. It's not slavery. It's not making fun of whites. Heck, it's not even making fun of blacks in today's world.

It's a call back to a time when blacks were made fun of as sub-human and as ignorant humans. It's not just "blacks are liberal" "rap music is bad" heck it's not even "blacks are lazy." It's WORSE than that.

So what is the equivalent on the white side as you keep asking about? There is none.

There is no comparable joking.

You're showing how little you know about race relations, mountain ref.

Another mountain ref thread started about issues pertaining to "blacks".

Yeah and guess what? I learned a lot about the black face issue that I didn't know. I'm a better smarter person on the issue now thanks to the posters educating me on the issue I didn't understand.

Yeah and guess what? I learned a lot about the black face issue that I didn't know. I'm a better smarter person on the issue now thanks to the posters educating me on the issue I didn't understand.

Good! I'm glad you no longer believe this to be an instance of where political correctness has run rampant.