November 4, 20169 yr But its ok to make fun of white people. Awesome. That's not what I said. If you're going to read selectively to try and suit your own agenda then you make it clear that you aren't basing your argument with logic. Was your point here to say that you support dressing in black face?
November 4, 20169 yr But its ok to make fun of white people. Awesome. Blackface and "making fun of white people" is apples and oranges. Again, you don't get what blackface represented. Step back from BGP and go educate yourself on it.
November 4, 20169 yr U of L's President didn't get fired for dressing "Mexican". How is this any different? I'm not saying I agree with it, I'm just curious how this is considered more offensive.
November 4, 20169 yr U of L's President didn't get fired for dressing "Mexican". How is this any different? I'm not saying I agree with it, I'm just curious how this is considered more offensive. Unlike black face, there isn't a 150 year old historic precedent of white people dressing up with a sombrero and poncho to degrade Mexicans and and joke about how people from Mexico are from a lesser race. It isn't as offensive as dressing in black face is.
November 4, 20169 yr Unlike black face, there isn't a 150 year old historic precedent of white people dressing up with a sombrero and poncho to degrade Mexicans and and joke about how people from Mexico are from a lesser race. It isn't as offensive as dressing in black face is. Thanks I was just curious what the difference would be. I feel like a professor should be capable of better decision-making.
November 4, 20169 yr Author That's not what I said. If you're going to read selectively to try and suit your own agenda then you make it clear that you aren't basing your argument with logic. Was your point here to say that you support dressing in black face? Geeeeez I was just stating that it seems no one cares about making fun of whites. Wasn't actually referring to you. But yeah I think it's stupid. Slavery was over more than a hundred years ago and no one alive was a slave. I see it as people just wanting to pull a race card. I see it as a Halloween costume
November 4, 20169 yr Geeeeez I was just stating that it seems no one cares about making fun of whites. Wasn't actually referring to you. But yeah I think it's stupid. Slavery was over more than a hundred years ago and no one alive was a slave. I see it as people just wanting to pull a race card. I see it as a Halloween costume You know that even though we do not agree a lot on politics etc you know I've said I'd enjoy the chance to meet you. I don't say that about everyone so... You're just not getting this issue. It's not slavery. It's not making fun of whites. Heck, it's not even making fun of blacks in today's world. It's a call back to a time when blacks were made fun of as sub-human and as ignorant humans. It's not just "blacks are liberal" "rap music is bad" heck it's not even "blacks are lazy." It's WORSE than that. So what is the equivalent on the white side as you keep asking about? There is none. There is no comparable joking.
November 4, 20169 yr Geeeeez I was just stating that it seems no one cares about making fun of whites. Wasn't actually referring to you. But yeah I think it's stupid. Slavery was over more than a hundred years ago and no one alive was a slave. I see it as people just wanting to pull a race card. I see it as a Halloween costume You're showing how little you know about race relations, mountain ref.
November 4, 20169 yr Author Another mountain ref thread started about issues pertaining to "blacks". Yeah and guess what? I learned a lot about the black face issue that I didn't know. I'm a better smarter person on the issue now thanks to the posters educating me on the issue I didn't understand.
November 4, 20169 yr Yeah and guess what? I learned a lot about the black face issue that I didn't know. I'm a better smarter person on the issue now thanks to the posters educating me on the issue I didn't understand. Good! I'm glad you no longer believe this to be an instance of where political correctness has run rampant.
November 4, 20169 yr Another mountain ref thread started about issues pertaining to "blacks". Doesn't take much reading between the lines, does it?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.