Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

OJ Mayo and Oak Hill Academy

Featured Replies

Bobby Knight is exactly the type of guy that OJ needs in his life. He has enough people hyping him up already - Coach Knight would bring him back down to earth and give him a reality check. It would help him in the long run, both on and off the basketball court.

  • Replies 79
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see that the Tomcats will make the final cut, with HHS shuffling their schedule around as much as they are.:thumb:

How about a homecoming of sorts for Micheal, Jamaal, and O with Rose Hill?

It's not that Smith is knocking the talent/work ethic of OJ, or even that he wouldn't love to have a player of that caliber on his squad. Smith has went on record to say numerous times that he does not want the traveling media circus that gravitates toward Mayo to corrupt or interfere with the way he runs his program, and as hard as Coach Smith has worked to get the Warriors where they are without anything more than a minor distraction, I'm sure he has all the right to deny Mayo. IMO he is very justified for refusing Mayo, I'm pretty sure (as great as OJ is) that Steve Smith can win without him.

Do you have HHS schedule ??

I think some of OJ's stock just went down a little. Not knocking the kid but Coach Smith saying that means a lot with his resume.

Thanks !!!!!! Like to see here in the East Ky Expo in the Farm Bureau Classic !!???

I think some of OJ's stock just went down a little. Not knocking the kid but Coach Smith saying that means a lot with his resume.
Not knocking Coach Smith, but O.J. will earn more money in the next five years than Coach Smith has earned in the past twenty... :D
Not knocking Coach Smith, but O.J. will earn more money in the next five years than Coach Smith has earned in the past twenty... :D

 

You say this like it's a good thing. To me, that says more about our society than it does about how good Mayo is.

You say this like it's a good thing. To me, that says more about our society than it does about how good Mayo is.
That sounds like a deep philosophical discussion for the Politics and Religion Forum... :lol:

 

Regardless of what you feel it says about Mayo's talents, the fact is (barring some tragedy) more people will recognize the name O.J. Mayo than will recognize the name of Steve Smith... if they don't already.

 

I don't blame Smith for wanting to dodge the carnival. In fact, I respect him for his conviction. Even so, Mayo will have the last laugh.

To me, that says more about our society than it does about how good Mayo is.

Or the rise of Oak Hill started the latest trend in USA basketball. Can you name one major, yet unselfish player from his term at Oak Hill? Bron? Melo? Wade? Bosh? Rondo? Beasley? and so on....

Or the rise of Oak Hill started the latest trend in USA basketball. Can you name one major, yet unselfish player from his term at Oak Hill? Bron? Melo? Wade? Bosh? Rondo? Beasley? and so on....

 

Hey, I admit I'm a bit slow, but I don't think I quite understood your question, or where exactly you were going with this.

Hey, I admit I'm a bit slow, but I don't think I quite understood your question, or where exactly you were going with this.

Oak Hill started the new AAU mindset IMO. What went on there in the early 90's changed the game on the youth level, and if you want to point fingers a lot of them go right back to Mouth of Wilson, VA....

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.