Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott County/Covington Catholic Predictions

Who wins? 77 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Scott County
      50%
    • Covington Catholic
      49%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

My heart likes Cov. Cath. My brain says Scott County.

Scott County won last year in Georgetown by a score of 56-35.

 

Here are the stats: Covington Catholic vs. Scott County (Oct 30, 2015)

 

While CovCath had success on offense, it wasn't pretty on defense. The Cardinals rushed for 352 yards on 54 attempts, an average of 6.5 yards per carry.

 

If CovCath can at least slow SC's rushing attack, it should make for a competitive game.

How about a poll?

This should be very competitive. Looking at common opponents, I would think it would be high scoring. I am taking the Colonels in this one

I'm a little surprised that people think this will be close. If Scott County is legitimately the 3rd or 4th best 6A team in KY, this game shouldn't be all that close.

 

IF CovCath can play toe-to-toe, or even somehow get a win, that would certainly change my (and several others) expectations for the post-season.

I think the last game was closer than the score indicates. I think CCH is playing better. Not sure how this years Scott Co compares to last years. Plus home for CCH. If CCH keeps mistakes down and or Scott Co makes a few....

Scott County 45 - Cov Cath 35. I hope both squads come out of the game healthy.

I'm a little surprised that people think this will be close. If Scott County is legitimately the 3rd or 4th best 6A team in KY, this game shouldn't be all that close.

 

IF CovCath can play toe-to-toe, or even somehow get a win, that would certainly change my (and several others) expectations for the post-season.

 

I wouldn't be surprised if CCH wins. Highlands played well against SC. So it wouldn't be a shock to see CCH win this game. As far as changing expectations on the post season it doesn't matter. Bowing Green is a HUGE hurdle for CCH. I just don't see them beating them. Hope they do but just don't see it.

Exactly Big Blue. If they struggled with Highlands, they will struggle with CovCath. No one in 5A is going to beat Bowling Green, but Scott Co wouldn't beat Bowling Green either

Exactly Big Blue. If they struggled with Highlands, they will struggle with CovCath. No one in 5A is going to beat Bowling Green, but Scott Co wouldn't beat Bowling Green either

 

I agree they struggled with HHS, but they also gave Elder all they could handle. That's why I'm still torn.

 

I hope Cov Cath gets the win, but also agree with the other poster that if it's close, I'll look at SC differently. Just think this game can go a long way in determine if Scott Co is for real or not. And if they are, then Cov Cath is really good.

I think the last game was closer than the score indicates. I think CCH is playing better. Not sure how this years Scott Co compares to last years. Plus home for CCH. If CCH keeps mistakes down and or Scott Co makes a few....

 

 

Was it closer than the total yards indicate too? SC out gained CovCath 468 - 331 last year.

CovCath will give them a good game but I still think Scott Co wins by 2 TDs.

 

Cardinals 48

Colonels 34

 

The Birds played the Cardinals pretty close but they also played one of their best games of the year that night if you can believe that.

Was it closer than the total yards indicate too? SC out gained CovCath 468 - 331 last year.

 

Yes. 137 yards out of 800. A couple dropped balls aside and it's even.

I don't think this will be close. I think the final score is Scott County by 3 scores unless they decide to rest people for the playoffs.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.