Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mercer vs. Garrard County

Featured Replies

Mercer Titans travel to Garrard County this coming week. Predictions or thoughts?

  • Replies 47
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say running clock after the half. I think Donald "Sunshine" Walker will get to play.

This one won't be a very long game. If it is, its because GC is trying to throw it, and they are not very good at that.

Mercer Co.42-0.

"We are the TITANS the MIGHTY MIGHTY TITANS"

 

Titans roll on

 

The Sultan...Wondering if Coach Jaggers will be nominated for an Oscar and be written about for feel good story of the year?

Mercer speed too much for the Golden Lions this year!!!! Looks like this will be the last game of a long and competitive rivalry for the two schools as Garrard Co. will not be scheduling Mercer for the next two seasons. It is understandable however, it has been a good game over the past several years.

I look for the starters to put alot of points on the board in the first half. I see the younger guys getting alot of PT again this week.

 

Mercer 56

Garrard Co 6

I look for the starters to put alot of points on the board in the first half. I see the younger guys getting alot of PT again this week.

 

Mercer 56

Garrard Co 6

I would say that about right, that's a good prediction.:thumb:

I think that Garrard's young guys will take some beatings this season. But, I think these young players will lead them to alot of W's in the coming years. See you guys on friday.

Mercer 76-0. They will miss one extra point attempt due to leg fatigue.

Mercer 76-0. They will miss one extra point attempt due to leg fatigue.

 

Ouch!

Ouch!

 

;) Typically I wouldn't predict so heavily against Garrard, but they are so young this year and Mercer is loaded. Garrard will eventually be back to form imo but they'll take some lumps along the way.

;) Typically I wouldn't predict so heavily against Garrard, but they are so young this year and Mercer is loaded. Garrard will eventually be back to form imo but they'll take some lumps along the way.

 

Very fair prediction. Garrard is just so young this season and the schedule is really difficult. Not a lot of room to make mistakes and mature. Hopefully if there aren't a lot of field victories, we'll at least see some marked improvement over the year and be ready to tackle a new Class 3A district next season.

 

By the way, on the Garrard coach's radio program this morning, Coach Stonebraker ran down a tentative schedule for the Golden Lions next season:

 

Week #

1: Estill County (Death Valley Bowl - Lincoln County High School)

2: @Bardstown Bethlehem

3: Jackson County

4: @Somerset

5: Taylor County (Can't remember if this is home or away)

6: Frankfort

7: Casey County (Not sure about site. Should be home, though)

8: @Lincoln County

9: Wayne County (Again, not sure about site. Probably home)

10 or 11: @Pendleton County

Mercer 48

Garrard 0

 

Mercer's offense too much for Garrard, but it's the Titan defense that they will remember. They have not nor will they see a defense like Mercer's this year.

I look for Coach Jaggers to roll up the score quickly and then shut his starters down early. No since risking injuries for the much anticipated matchup with Boyle. (see Michael Bush....what a shame.)

 

Roll on Titans...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.