All Inclusive Vacation Resorts

bjknku02

I have been on a cruise the last four years and this year we are looking to do an all inclusive in February 2017. I was looking for some recommendations on possible destination spots individuals have visited and enjoyed. Thanks in advance for any possible help!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jamaica, and Punta Cana are both great areas. Never done Mexico but heard good things. I liked Jamaica better than Punta Cana. Staff is friendlier, speak better English and less Europeans vacation there.

Go to a better resort versus cheaper. The amenities and booze are worth it.

We are looking into the BVI's on a catamaran for a week. Different than a cruise, yet on the water. They have them where 3-4 couples share the boat along with the captain and the mate who does the cooking and drinks.

Jamaica, and Punta Cana are both great areas. Never done Mexico but heard good things. I liked Jamaica better than Punta Cana. Staff is friendlier, speak better English and less Europeans vacation there.

Go to a better resort versus cheaper. The amenities and booze are worth it.

We are looking into the BVI's on a catamaran for a week. Different than a cruise, yet on the water. They have them where 3-4 couples share the boat along with the captain and the mate who does the cooking and drinks.

That sounds awesome, unless the other couples (I assume you wouldn't know them) are tools and you're stuck with them for a week.

That sounds awesome, unless the other couples (I assume you wouldn't know them) are tools and you're stuck with them for a week.

I don't think I'd want to be on a boat for a week with not knowing most of the other folks. I can deal with captain and mate as they do it for a living. They go from island to island and stop for dinner if your choose. Come with snorkel gear , scuba, fishing gear and some with jet skis. Looks pretty cool. Have a couple friends that have done it already and planted the idea.

Sandals resorts are what I'd recommend, although they're the only one I've ever used.

First rate service, food, and drink with great locations.

I've heard nothing but outstanding things about Sandals. I looked into them last trip and they were 3X's the cost of other resorts?

I've heard nothing but outstanding things about Sandals. I looked into them last trip and they were 3X's the cost of other resorts?

That's the downside. Definitely more pricey, but it was worth every penny IMO. Of course, I say that without having any of the more reasonable options to compare it to.

That's the downside. Definitely more pricey, but it was worth every penny IMO. Of course, I say that without having any of the more reasonable options to compare it to.

Figured as much. Seems like when I have done a cheap all inclusive it was light years below the more expensive ones. Folks tell me Sandals blows away the higher end ones I've been on. You get what you pay for.

Figured as much. Seems like when I have done a cheap all inclusive it was light years below the more expensive ones. Folks tell me Sandals blows away the higher end ones I've been on. You get what you pay for.

We met an older couple while we were there one day at the pool and got to talking to them, and they told us we did it all wrong. Our first experience was in St. Lucia, which they said is the best of the Caribbean Islands, and we stayed at a Sandals, which they said is the best of the best of all-inclusives. Basically said no matter where we go in the future it'll be a letdown compared to there. :idunno: Haven't had a chance to find out yet.