Early Prediction... Best NKY Sophomores 2017.

GoIrish20

There is one common theme that I am noticing in all of the threads for each class minus Seniors. There are a lot of kids who are playing their summer ball at At The Yard. The Sophomore and Junior classes are especially loaded with talent at every school.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is one common theme that I am noticing in all of the threads for each class minus Seniors. There are a lot of kids who are playing their summer ball at At The Yard. The Sophomore and Junior classes are especially loaded with talent at every school.

All of the Highlands kids play for the Cincy Fury. I also see a couple who play for KBC and CBC..

All of the Highlands kids play for the Cincy Fury. I also see a couple who play for KBC and CBC..

Fury upgraded tremdously with the Highlands kids. Can't wait to see them play. McGinness and Walters are the KBC kids and Odom and Luke Rader (Conner) are the CBC players. Not sure if any other NKY players are playing with them.

The sophomore class is loaded. I always feel like I'm leaving names out, but to name a couple that could be D1 within months:

Jack Coldiron -Cov Cath

Blaine Walters - Cooper

Other notables I like:

Highlands: Cooper, Swalbach and Ziegler

Cov Cath: Coldiron, McGinness, Casteel and Bowman

Beechwood: Wagner, Doverspike, Johnson, Castelman, Odom...

Scott: Ohmer

Grant Co: Ingulls and Wilson

Simon Kenton: Gangwish and Farsing

Wagner has transferred back to Walton Verona. Big loss for Beechwood.

• 5 months later...
I think everyone I listed is doing well. I'm not sure if Farsing from SK is getting varsity innings or not. Gangwish might be the only Sophomore starting for them.

....and add Stallman from Cov Cath.

Gangwish is the only Sophomore on varsity but there may be some mobility with others in the near future.

edit

To clarify, Yes I'm saying Ethan is a better player with higher potential than the others mentioned. Most others are GREAT JV players getting some Varsity reps.. Ethan is an everyday varsity player and impressive at that... As a TRUE freshman. Kid is an ELITE talent.

To clarify, Yes I'm saying Ethan is a better player with higher potential than the others mentioned. Most others are GREAT JV players getting some Varsity reps.. Ethan is an everyday varsity player and impressive at that... As a TRUE freshman. Kid is an ELITE talent.

I'm sure he is very good for a Freshmen. I'd say there is another freshmen down the road a bit that would argue about best freshmen, in Campbell Co..... as far as JV, the only player not playing varsity everyday is Farsing, as I mentioned. I just looked at the stats leaders for the STATE and no mention of the young bird. See if you can find some of the names in this thread. Again, not saying your son is not talented, but there was no need to say that he is better than the kids in this thread. Bad form.

I'm sure he is very good for a Freshmen. I'd say there is another freshmen down the road a bit that would argue about best freshmen, in Campbell Co..... as far as JV, the only player not playing varsity everyday is Farsing, as I mentioned. I just looked at the stats leaders for the STATE and no mention of the young bird. See if you can find some of the names in this thread. Again, not saying your son is not talented, but there was no need to say that he is better than the kids in this thread. Bad form.

FYI, not my son.... Have you seen him play, or just looking at a stat page? It's just an observation from the many games I've watched. If early season stats are always right, I guess that means my Reds are a better team than the Cubs... World Series, here we come!!!

FYI, not my son.... Have you seen him play, or just looking at a stat page? It's just an observation from the many games I've watched. If early season stats are always right, I guess that means my Reds are a better team than the Cubs... World Series, here we come!!!

You're right. Statistics mean nothing. Hypotheticals, "up sides" and general observations are the key.

I do hope your Reds prediction is right though. Have a good year.