Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

13th

Featured Replies

Has anyone seen this Netflix documentary?

 

This is one of the more disturbing documentaries that I have ever seen.

 

I recommend to those that watch it to have an open mind about mass incarceration, systemic/institutionalized racism, shady politics, American human rights violations and the systematic oppression of the black male in modern day USA.

 

Very deep, disturbing and moving documentary.

  • Replies 67
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

1 out of every 3 black men will spend their lifetime in prison.

 

Black men account for 6.5% of the US population.

 

Black men account for 40.2% of the prison population.

1 out of every 3 black men will spend their lifetime in prison.

 

Black men account for 6.5% of the US population.

 

Black men account for 40.2% of the prison population.

 

Can I ask this w/o it looking like a racist question to all of BGP, except you know I dont mean it that way.

 

What % of crime is done by a black man in the U.S.

  • Author
Can I ask this w/o it looking like a racist question to all of BGP, except you know I dont mean it that way.

 

What % of crime is done by a black man in the U.S.

 

Watch the documentary. It addresses your question in an intellectual manner.

 

Think about it though. Do you honestly believe that 1 out of every 3 black person you come across is a criminal?

1 out of every 3 black men will spend their lifetime in prison.

 

Wow. Their lifetimes? Or 1 out of 3 will go to prison at sometime in their lives?
  • Author
I haven't seen it but am interested in checking it out.

 

I'd meaning to check it out and it has blown me away. The conversation on these issues is extremely deep.

  • Author
Wow. Their lifetimes? Or 1 out of 3 will go to prison at sometime in their lives?

 

1 out of 3 young black males will spend some time of their life in prison.

 

1 out of 17 young white males will spend some time of their life in prison.

1 out of 3 will spend some time of their life in prison.

 

That is a disturbingly high number.

 

I'll add this to my list to watch this week.

  • Author
That is a disturbingly high number.

 

I'll add this to my list to watch this week.

 

Running time is an hour and forty minutes. Damn good documentary.

Watch the documentary. It addresses your question in an intellectual manner.

 

Think about it though. Do you honestly believe that 1 out of every 3 black person you come across is a criminal?

 

No, 1 in 3 black men are not criminals.

 

But are 1 in 3 black men criminals or bad guys in a place like inner city Detroit or Chicago?

Running time is an hour and forty minutes. Damn good documentary.

 

You've seen my hectic like, I cant watch anything but Disney Channel.

  • Author
You've seen my hectic like, I cant watch anything but Disney Channel.

 

If that time ever comes you should watch it. I think it is right up your alley. They go into great detail about the why, how and who of things.

  • Author
No, 1 in 3 black men are not criminals.

 

But are 1 in 3 black men criminals or bad guys in a place like inner city Detroit or Chicago?

 

No. Not at all.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.