Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fairview 32 East Carter 20

Featured Replies

Final.

Turnovers and penalties.

 

East has athletes in the halls they just have to get them out to play. I believe in what Coach Champlin is doing however, I'm hoping this town doesn't ruin it by trying to run him off.

Turnovers and penalties.

 

East has athletes in the halls they just have to get them out to play. I believe in what Coach Champlin is doing however, I'm hoping this town doesn't ruin it by trying to run him off.

 

Shortly before I read your post, I thought to myself, "I wonder if Champlin will survive beyond this season?". I see one more win left on the schedule(Rowan County). At best, I think he'll be 3-17 after this year. It's hard to convince some people that you're headed in a positive direction when the wins aren't there. I hope he gets at least one more year.

Shortly before I read your post, I thought to myself, "I wonder if Champlin will survive beyond this season?". I see one more win left on the schedule(Rowan County). At best, I think he'll be 3-17 after this year. It's hard to convince some people that you're headed in a positive direction when the wins aren't there. I hope he gets at least one more year.

 

It's hard to get the wins when there's a hall full of athletes walking the halls not on the team. These kids haven't ever witnessed a good East Carter team, there's been I think 14 HC (including Garry McPeek and Joey Cecil, both successful HS coaches, and Zach Moore a D1 defensive coordinator) for East Carter football. Have to develop some consistency, when you've been through 6 HC's since your main rival hired their's then there's an issue.

 

East Carter does not have a coaching issue, it's a community issue and a patience issue. I believe in Coach Champlin, hope they give him time.

 

14 coaches, 43 years, average of about 3 years per tenure. It is going to take more than 3 years to fix this program.

Shortly before I read your post, I thought to myself, "I wonder if Champlin will survive beyond this season?". I see one more win left on the schedule(Rowan County). At best, I think he'll be 3-17 after this year. It's hard to convince some people that you're headed in a positive direction when the wins aren't there. I hope he gets at least one more year.

I think he should get one more year because next year he will have a lot of key players returning for their senior year. With that being said, I still don't see the wins being there, especially when you're playing Ashland, Johnson Central, Raceland, etc. Maybe they should consider dropping out of the district and schedule down some, try playing teams like Bath, Lewis Co., etc. to get the numbers back up. Nothing against West, but getting beat by them in a rivalry game 50-0, shows that we have a long ways to go before we're even competitive in our district.

They won't be playing Raceland next season. Or many of those others.

They won't be playing Raceland next season. Or many of those others.
Unless they drop out of the district, they'll still be playing Johnson Central and Ashland.
I think he should get one more year because next year he will have a lot of key players returning for their senior year. With that being said, I still don't see the wins being there, especially when you're playing Ashland, Johnson Central, Raceland, etc. Maybe they should consider dropping out of the district and schedule down some, try playing teams like Bath, Lewis Co., etc. to get the numbers back up. Nothing against West, but getting beat by them in a rivalry game 50-0, shows that we have a long ways to go before we're even competitive in our district.

 

Sorry Bath County is scheduling up a little bit the next 2 seasons to better themselves for the playoffs. They are getting the kids out, the community is behind the team, and look to have a really good team that will compete for the district returning the next 3 seasons at least. If our homecoming date drops out though we will give you call.

Sorry Bath County is scheduling up a little bit the next 2 seasons to better themselves for the playoffs. They are getting the kids out, the community is behind the team, and look to have a really good team that will compete for the district returning the next 3 seasons at least. If our homecoming date drops out though we will give you call.

 

Okay yeah Bath is not better than East Carter.

 

Also, Bath isn't jumping Fleming, West, or Russell anytime soon.

Turnovers and penalties.

 

East has athletes in the halls they just have to get them out to play. I believe in what Coach Champlin is doing however, I'm hoping this town doesn't ruin it by trying to run him off

 

I am saying the same thing about S. Grizzle at Greenup Co.. I have heard that things have changed with the main problem they've had since GC became a school in the early / mid 1970's. I guess that we will see.

Okay yeah Bath is not better than East Carter.

 

Also, Bath isn't jumping Fleming, West, or Russell anytime soon.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this.

 

Just for the record and my useless opinion, here's another that thinks the same.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this.

 

East has a tough as crap schedule for a team trying to rebuild. Johnson Central, Ashland, Raceland, Greenup, Fleming, Fairview, West Carter, and Boyd looks good this year too. That's a tough schedule for a team trying to rebuild. East Carter is barely 4A, if they were in 3A district 5 I have no doubt they would get the 4th playoff spot out of that district and have a much more favorable schedule.

 

East looks miles ahead from the year before and the year before that. Problem is they have a rough schedule. But the progress is there, it just hasn't translated in the W-L column.

East has a tough as crap schedule for a team trying to rebuild. Johnson Central, Ashland, Raceland, Greenup, Fleming, Fairview, West Carter, and Boyd looks good this year too. That's a tough schedule for a team trying to rebuild. East Carter is barely 4A, if they were in 3A district 5 I have no doubt they would get the 4th playoff spot out of that district and have a much more favorable schedule.

 

East looks miles ahead from the year before and the year before that. Problem is they have a rough schedule. But the progress is there, it just hasn't translated in the W-L column.

That's a tough schedule for any team, let alone a rebuilding team like East. Getting beat by some of these teams by scores such as 49-6, only serves to set us back in rebuilding imo. If we played a weaker schedule, and the scores got closer and the wins more frequent, then you might see those kids in the hall you mentioned earlier going out for football.

14 coaches, 43 years, average of about 3 years per tenure. It is going to take more than 3 years to fix this program.

East had some pretty good teams under Gary McDowell & Don Damron that won more than 3 games a year. I do agree though, that the key is getting the good athletes to buy in and come out for football.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.