Who Wins This Dream Game? Belfry vs. Trinity

Wireman

Who wins?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Belfry Pirates
    • Trinity Shamrocks

I think Belfry is a different animal personally.

I'm way more interested in BG/Belfry than Trinity/Belfry. Male and BG are the only teams I think can beat Trinity this year. Belfry is very special this year and there is no denying that. I think Belfry competing with Trinity this year isn't likely but I could be wrong.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm way more interested in BG/Belfry than Trinity/Belfry. Male and BG are the only teams I think can beat Trinity this year. Belfry is very special this year and there is no denying that. I think Belfry competing with Trinity this year isn't likely but I could be wrong.

Admit it though...you'd pay to watch!

Trinity, and while I know I am a homer on this let me expand upon my thoughts.

I have said it many times again, but the only way to effectively move the ball on the Rocks consistently is to have the ability to throw the ball to keep them off balance. Pretty much every game so far that Trinity has given up much of anything has been almost exclusively due to the deep ball. Belfry, while they run the ball better than just about anyone, doesn't have much of a passing game to write home about. While that does them well in 3A and against the teams that have little to no chance of winning 6A (Henry Clay) it wouldn't do much for them against the Rocks.

In fact the only team that I have ever seen dominate the Rocks with the run thoroughly with no passing game to speak of was 2013 Colerain. While I am sure Belfry is good and has great talent I doubt they have those kinds of horses. In all honesty the only time I see the Rocks struggle with a team that doesn't pass much is on the occasions where they thoroughly out talent the Rocks. If Belfry has that I think they could give the Rocks a good game and potentially win. If not I would expect a 14-21 point margin.

I would pay good money for the game though because I would expect it to be tight until the end of the 3rd quarter.

Trinity, and while I know I am a homer on this let me expand upon my thoughts.

I have said it many times again, but the only way to effectively move the ball on the Rocks consistently is to have the ability to throw the ball to keep them off balance. Pretty much every game so far that Trinity has given up much of anything has been almost exclusively due to the deep ball. Belfry, while they run the ball better than just about anyone, doesn't have much of a passing game to write home about. While that does them well in 3A and against the teams that have little to no chance of winning 6A (Henry Clay) it wouldn't do much for them against the Rocks.

In fact the only team that I have ever seen dominate the Rocks with the run thoroughly with no passing game to speak of was 2013 Colerain. While I am sure Belfry is good and has great talent I doubt they have those kinds of horses. In all honesty the only time I see the Rocks struggle with a team that doesn't pass much is on the occasions where they thoroughly out talent the Rocks. If Belfry has that I think they could give the Rocks a good game and potentially win. If not I would expect a 14-21 point margin.

I would pay good money for the game though because I would expect it to be tight until the end of the 3rd quarter.

Belfry doesn't have the athletes at the skill spots like Colerain but that Belfry Offensive and Defensive Line is something special.

Do I think they could hang with Trinity or beat them? Yeah not going that far yet... but I think if people watched this team play they would be echoing the statements of the fans of teams that have been left in their wake..this is a rare assembly of talent for a small school.

What I will say though is the the number of teams I think that would outclass in 6A is a very small list...

According to Score Predictor | USA Today High School Sports

Trinity 35

Belfry 13

Bowling Green 27

Belfry 21

Male 37

Belfry 17

For the sake of argument Calpreps

neutral field

[2016] Bowling Green (KY) 28, [2016] Belfry (KY) 27

neutral field

[2016] Belfry (KY) 35, [2016] Male (Louisville, KY) 27

neutral field

[2016] Trinity (Louisville, KY) 31, [2016] Belfry (KY) 21

I also want folks to know that this in no way is a dig at Belfry. I respect the heck out of them and their program and I love watching them play ball. They are a great team to watch.

A true Belfry fan, and I am tonight, could feel a little slighted by your comments.