13 yr old shot and killed by police in Columbus, OH.

jericho

Not good because it now allows for endless speculation.

The challenge is figuring out why a kid/person who is being confronted by an officer with his weapon out would "go to the waistband" knowing he had no firepower.

Total speculation on my part but maybe he was going to pull it out to drop it?! I can think of absolutely no other reason unless you had a death wish. A 13 year old probably doesn't understand the ramifications of pulling a gun out to surrender versus just putting your hands up and letting them know you have a "weapon".

"Police reviewing evidence from the scene determined the boy's firearm was actually a BB gun with an attached laser sight."

Why would a bb gun have a laser sight?

I've had a BB rifle with a scope and it was pretty accurate. Not sure the type of gun the kid had would be that accurate. Since they released the other kid, can we assume they were no longer the suspects from the robbery?

Another case of a kid getting shot for running from the cops.

I've had a BB rifle with a scope and it was pretty accurate. Not sure the type of gun the kid had would be that accurate. Since they released the other kid, can we assume they were no longer the suspects from the robbery?

Another case of a kid getting shot for running from the cops.

Do you blame them for running. As much as the media makes it look like the cops are out hunting blacks and as much as the BLM movement bashes the cops and accuses them of indiscriminate killing.

Total speculation on my part but maybe he was going to pull it out to drop it?! I can think of absolutely no other reason unless you had a death wish. A 13 year old probably doesn't understand the ramifications of pulling a gun out to surrender versus just putting your hands up and letting them know you have a "weapon".

Yep, total speculation, but, i happen to agree with you, i think.