Franklin-Simpson 24 Greenwood 20

spindoc

Wish I could've made it to this one. Close, exciting ball game with a fantastic finish.

What's up with Reynolds for Greenwood being dismissed from team? I know we can't discuss certain things here, but I can't help but ask anyway...

Two good teams going toe to toe and neither would blink. Greenwood would not be denied on their late go ahead and FS answered the challenge.

GW kicking game is a great weapon. The FS return game was totally neutralized.

I don't know the yard but Brady and QB Caudill accounted for the bulk. Going to the air won it in the end for FS.

Maddie Alexander counted three EP and a 26 TD FG from the left hash. Huge points.

Greenwood is very good. No quit in them. FS led most of the way but Gators seemed to wear down the Cats in the 4th. FS bottled up Jackson Adams all night...till he got loose from 62 yards away with about 7 minutes left. Greenwood took the lead with about 2 minutes to go, then FS drove 80 yards to win it. FS needed a diverse offense tonight and they had it. FS was hampered with several false start penalties early, and Greenwood committed a huge pass interference penalty on 4th down to keep FS's winning drive going.

Best 6 bucks I've spent in a long time.

The last FS game I remember matching this was BG in '94.

FS won that one at the end on a fade in the back corner of the end zone from current FS Bball coach Dee Spencer to Chad Spencer.

Every BG-FS in '94 (twice), '95, and '96 were classics. Each game had plays made in the final minutes that determined the outcome. Macdon has just tried to erase the memory of the other three.

Every BG-FS in '94 (twice), '95, and '96 were classics. Each game had plays made in the final minutes that determined the outcome. Macdon has just tried to erase the memory of the other three.

I thought about that second 1994 game (which was the 3A Region 1 title game) last night, similar score until the end. FS led BG 17-7 at the half, but BG came back to take a 20-17 lead. FS had the ball 1st and goal at the 3 with a couple of minutes left, but BG defense held them out all 4 plays. I think BG went on to be state-runner up that year with a close loss to CovCath.

Didn't see the 1995 game but BG won 13-12 at BG. Closest game BG had all year as they went on to win their first state title. FS dropped down to 2A in 1995 and lost the state title game in double OT to Breathitt Co.

While I'm on memory lane, 1999 also saw 2 FS-BG games, which FS swept. 14-13 at BG when the Purples missed 2 field goals in the final minute. Also a great game. FS took the rematch at home in round 2 of the playoffs 14-0. Last time FS beat BG.