Boyd County @ Russell Predictions 9/16

GOREDDEVILS

Who wins?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This is the game that will allow us to see how good BC really is. I mean, Russell is not playing well offensively but their defense is lights out. BC seems to be scoring at will and playing pretty good defense. The problem is, BC has played South Point, Lawrence Co & Lewis Co. Which amounts to very little competition. Russell, albeit, not playing to their normal standards still will be the toughest challenge so far.

Im going with Boyd in a close one. Like Doc said, nows the time we fond out if they have turned the corner or not. Russell's def is tough, but as a team arent as fast as they usually are. I like Boyd's atheleticism and ability to score quickly. My question to the Red Devil faithful. Where in the world is the Nick Conlwy we have come to know?

Im going with Boyd in a close one. Like Doc said, nows the time we fond out if they have turned the corner or not. Russell's def is tough, but as a team arent as fast as they usually are. I like Boyd's atheleticism and ability to score quickly. My question to the Red Devil faithful. Where in the world is the Nick Conlwy we have come to know?

I don't think there's anything "wrong" with Nick. He's running as hard as he always has. He just hasn't found much room to stretch his legs yet. He's getting a lot of attention from opposing defenses and the rest of the offense isn't really doing much to lighten the load on #4's shoulders. The OL, as a whole, has largely disappointed so far, the QB has not yet played at the level that I believe he's capable of and the play calling has been suspect and predictable.

This is about as bad as Russell's offense has looked since... I don't know when. They've just got to execute better and a little more creativity in the play calling wouldn't hurt. Nick's a great player, but he can't do it all himself. He needs some help from his teammates and his coaches. It just hasn't happened yet. This team is too good to struggle like this.

I don't think there's anything "wrong" with Nick. He's running as hard as he always has. He just hasn't found much room to stretch his legs yet. He's getting a lot of attention from opposing defenses and the rest of the offense isn't really doing much to lighten the load on #4's shoulders. The OL, as a whole, has largely disappointed so far, the QB has not yet played at the level that I believe he's capable of and the play calling has been suspect and predictable.

This is about as bad as Russell's offense has looked since... I don't know when. They've just got to execute better and a little more creativity in the play calling wouldn't hurt. Nick's a great player, but he can't do it all himself. He needs some help from his teammates and his coaches. It just hasn't happened yet. This team is too good to struggle like this.

I think the play calling is the direct result of the inability of the OLine to execute. If they cannot perform on the basic calls, how in the world can TJ open up the playbook and call something else? I agree completely about the slow and worst offensive display I can remember......maybe 1986?

As much as I would like Russell to win, I'm going to have to go with BC on this one. I know Boyd's schedule has been a little easier, but with that easier schedule comes confidence. I think Russell will correct a few things, but Boyd takes it by 8.

Boyd 20

Russell 12