Raceland 35 Greenup County 13

oldrambler

Both defenses dominates this one.

Raceland's D held GC to 30 yds. total offense and only 1 first down in 1st alf. Coach Grizzle replaced qb Hunt with Fr. Sammons late in 2nd qtr.

Raceland moving ball between the 20's with mostly the pass. Rams have around 240 total yards w/ only one TD. Turnovers killed the Rams in 1st half

Raceland used powerful O and D lines to wear GC down, moving ball much better in 2nd half and the Rsms defense held GC to 110 total yards and I think only 4 first downs total.

Raceland had close to 300 yds. passing, Walker rushes for 160 yds.

Coach Grizzle has a good thing going at GC, I hope the people stay behind him. I promise tthat he will get the job done. I also want to give kudos to GC coach and his kids. GC Never quit, they play hard as scoring late proved that.

This score is in no way a reflection of how good greenups defense was tonight. We were sloppy, but GC's LBs, man they are GOOD. Props to the Ram staff though for allowing the OL to weather the storm early on. Again, this team showed me something that I havent seen in years past. KILLER INSTINCT. John Cherry was an absolute beast tonight on both sides of the ball. Major team guy tonight. Caught passes, made 2 ints, blocked VERY well from his WR spot. Big hits from both squads all night. Our depth up front is going to be hard to deal with. The switching up of the QBs was a very mature and sound choice that Scott made. I said it last year and i will say it again this year. If Greenup can hit their stride offensively, they are scary good. Hate that they cant seem to get clicking on that side of the ball.

Impressive margin of victory for the Rams. They still have a lot more to prove, though.

:thumb: Agreed, Raceland again left points on the field tonight...one dropped pass that was a sure TD and missed two FG's . Three turnovers I believe on promising drives.

I am thrilled with the win but you are right, Raceland still has a lot of improvements to make.

I wasn't aware of this game now being tabbed the "Iron Bowl" or with traveling trophy. I guess that name is in reference to the old / historic Iron furnaces located thoughout Greenup County. :idunno:

No, it's not quite Alabama - Auburn :D but it is a good high school big school / little school rivalry.

That's a tough one. Ashland has way more speed. Greenup is way more physical. I would love to watch Ashland/Greenup. It will be another Russell/Ashland game.

Where do the Tomcats play the Musketeers?

I want to say Ashland, but not 100% on that.