Highlands 44 Campbell County 7 (Frosh)

AllenR

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know a couple that would do it in a heart beat. Is it an option at Highlands to do both?

I really don't know but I wouldn't think it would be an option given the time requirements of both teams. I was more thinking of younger soccer players now concentrating on soccer when they get to HHS rather than switching to football. I really don't know if that's ever happened, I was just throwing out a scenario. HHS has had such good luck with kickers for quite a while.

He was there at one time. He is now at Denison College where he and his father Bert IV played. Drew, I believe, was kicker only as a frosh but then played DB 10th-12th grade.

Thanks for clearing that up, I wasn't sure if he was still with LW or not.

Drew played both DB and Kicker 10th-12th. Very good kicker I might add.

Maybe it's not a kicker. Kickoff is not the same, but he had plenty of distance to make the PAT.

Maybe they can't get the snap down or a capable holder?

Maybe a combination?

No. The player doing the kickoffs is not a kicker, it is just something he has to do because he is the only one who has been able to kick it over 30 yards downfield in a fairly straight line.

So are you going to wait for an answer on BGP or are the two you speak of going to ask the coaches at school? Or do we already know the answer?

I don't say this to be snide, but what's the point now? Season is halfway 40% done and soccer is about 33% done. Teams and routines are set. I've seen teams add soccer players in the middle of the season b/c everyone thinks that it just translates. It doesn't. You need a whole offseason to become consistent. It wouldn't be fair to the Freshman team to bring in an unpracticed kicker and it wouldn't be fair to the kid. My boys would have liked to do it, but it didn't seem like an option. They probably should have reached out to see, but they didn't want it bad enough. Now that they have watched a couple of games it interests them. It just wouldn't make sense for anyone, IMO.

I am not sure but they could go back to orginal plan In a couple weeks to let Collin kick extra points again like they were going to start the season with. Not sure best solution but he doesn't miss those chip shots. That's how he pulled his hip flexor the wed before the trinity game.