5A #8 Southwestern @ 4A #9 Mercer County

Blake1978j

Who gets the win?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the win?

Correct me if I am wrong but looking at the Class 5A playoff breakdown wouldn't CovCath be paired in the regionals with Fern Creek and semi-state with BG? Looking at the info dated 3/18/16.

That is correct. The eastern side of 5A is the South Oldham district, Anderson County district, Pulaski County district, and Harlan County district (I've named teams, not numbered them, so people will better understand who is playing where).

Correct me if I am wrong but looking at the Class 5A playoff breakdown wouldn't CovCath be paired in the regionals with Fern Creek and semi-state with BG? Looking at the info dated 3/18/16.

I completely forgot about cross bracketing... if BG is in their path they might as well pack it in.. ain't nobody beating that team... and in that case yes I think Southwestern does have a strong shot at WKU. I do like South Oldham a lot though.

Chad Asbury out of Germantown does our turf , Ashland's and Mason's. Outstanding work and very reasonable. Have someone contact me for his phone number.

I don't know the guy, but as an Ashland fan I can attest to his work and the work of the Ashland grounds crew. The bermuda at Putnam is beautiful this time of year. It turns brown near the end of the season when the temps cool down, but there's nothing you can do about that. Ashland has talked about going to artificial and honestly I hope they don't.

As for the Southwestern/Mercer matchup I think this one is going to tell us a lot about both teams and should be a war. I do think Southwestern has a slight edge, but if Mercer gets their ground game going and controls the time of possession the Titans could certainly win this one at home.

The Titan QB Club will have a Tailgate meal available from 6-7 pm Friday night at the stadium. BBQ Sandwich, chips and drink for $6.Warrior fans are wanted and welcome. I am sure you will get some great stories on Coach French from long ago. :thumb: Enjoy a great meal prepared by Grant Miller and support the Titans! - Coach Buchanan