3. Belfry (3A)

4. Male (6A)

5. Johnson Central (4A)

6. St X (6A)

7. Scott Co.(6A)

8.Simon Kenton (6A)

9. Lafayette (6A)

10. McCracken Co. (6A)

I will move Mayfield in next week if they beat McCracken. These rankings are just my opinion based on limited knowledge. Thoughts?

Is Johnson Central that good to inspire a #5 ranking ahead of X and SK? Not knocking it, just wondering.

I'm with ya. We always hear how good they are and then they tend to not live up to the hype. All kinds of respect for thier program, but it seems like we hear this every year. That's not a knock. One of the top and most consistent programs, but I would find it hard to believe they are that high in the state regardless of class.

I'd like to see some other's top ten. Some questions for thought here:

1. Is South Warren still deservable to be in the top 10 and are they still untouchable in 4A?

2. Would Greenwood be thought to be one of the top teams after getting their win against South Warren?

3. Where do teams such as Manual, Mayfield, and others outside looking in stack up in your opinion?

Edited by ThatBGPurple

Maybe S. Warren lost two much talent from last year?

Greenwood's slim margin of victory (8 points) over Allen Co Scottsville (a team that lost to Daviess Co) kept them out of my top 10.

I strongly considered both Manual and Mayfield but McCracken had a better performance over Paducah Tilghman than Mayfield did. We will learn a lot when Mayfield plays McCracken this week. Manual only beat Central by 1 point and then Central turned around and lost to Corbin by 6 and CAL by 30 so that kept Manual out of my top 10.

You might be right. I know Male lost an awful lot of seniors from last year. We will learn a lot about Male this week as they travel to Trinity. If Male can make a ballgame out of it that will be impressive, as Trinity is top 20 in the nation.

Good point. Capital is ranked #3 in WV even after the lost to Johnson Central so they must be a solid team. I heard Johnson Central put in a dominant effort against them. Johnson Central plays another highly ranked WV team next week so if they win big I will continue to be impressed.