Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NFL General Discussion Thread

Featured Replies

This seemed to work for MLB. We'll use this thread to just post non-Bengals stuff in here re: NFL.

  • Replies 59
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Joey Bosa contract situation in SD seems like a mess. I've seen some grumbling from fans about how the FO has handled this and the Weddle case last year.

  • Author
The Joey Bosa contract situation in SD seems like a mess. I've seen some grumbling from fans about how the FO has handled this and the Weddle case last year.

 

I can find fault with both parties.

 

SD tried to defer too much of his guaranteed signing bonus. Bosa agent says 3rd pick always gets 100% of it upfront.

 

Bosa simply has no leverage. He's not going to sit out. He runs the risk of the offer decreasing the longer he sits out. Not sure it's worth the risk.

I can find fault with both parties.

 

SD tried to defer too much of his guaranteed signing bonus. Bosa agent says 3rd pick always gets 100% of it upfront.

 

Bosa simply has no leverage. He's not going to sit out. He runs the risk of the offer decreasing the longer he sits out. Not sure it's worth the risk.

 

It's hard for me to gauge. I'm certainly not an expert on NFL contracts, especially on what is or isn't a fair rookie deal for a top-10 pick, and I haven't followed it with much depth. With that said, I'm surprised they weren't able to work it out. I was also surprised when reading comments on the statement the Chargers released earlier this week that the fans seemed fairly displeased with the ownership/management over it and the statement seemed to backfire.

  • Author
It's hard for me to gauge. I'm certainly not an expert on NFL contracts, especially on what is or isn't a fair rookie deal for a top-10 pick, and I haven't followed it with much depth. With that said, I'm surprised they weren't able to work it out. I was also surprised when reading comments on the statement the Chargers released earlier this week that the fans seemed fairly displeased with the ownership/management over it and the statement seemed to backfire.

 

Bush move by the SD ownership.

 

However, in listening to Dan Patrick today , albeit a small sample, Bosa was catching the most flak.

I can find fault with both parties.

 

SD tried to defer too much of his guaranteed signing bonus. Bosa agent says 3rd pick always gets 100% of it upfront.

 

Bosa simply has no leverage. He's not going to sit out. He runs the risk of the offer decreasing the longer he sits out. Not sure it's worth the risk.

 

When it's all said and done the Chargers have to pony up about 800k for what Bosa wants. That is literally nothing for an NFL franchise. He's a number 3 overall pick and they are just no budging. It's unreal, he will lose out on money but I would like to see him stick to his guns and reenter the draft next year. If I'm a draft prospect no way I want to go to the Chargers.

And Romo injured. Mid season form already.

And Romo injured. Mid season form already.
The Boys have found the signal caller of the future. Steal of the draft. I prayed my guys would take him. Study under Ben and kick LJones to the curb. Wasn't in the cards

Good for the Chargers. They have nothing to lose. They have all the leverage. Bosa needs to pick his battles more wisely. His agent should be fired immediately.

Good for the Chargers. They have nothing to lose. They have all the leverage. Bosa needs to pick his battles more wisely. His agent should be fired immediately.

I agree

Both parties agreed to the $$$$ and length of the contract in the Bosa negotiations, just couldn't agree to the payment schedule.

 

So the Bosa issue is that the Chargers wanted to give him 85% of his signing bonus now and 15% in March 2017...both of which were guaranteed and he couldn't accept that?

 

Is that really what it came down to?

Both parties agreed to the $$$$ and length of the contract in the Bosa negotiations, just couldn't agree to the payment schedule.

 

So the Bosa issue is that the Chargers wanted to give him 85% of his signing bonus now and 15% in March 2017...both of which were guaranteed and he couldn't accept that?

 

Is that really what it came down to?

 

Based on my understanding, yes. Seems ridiculous on his part IMO.

  • Author
Both parties agreed to the $$$$ and length of the contract in the Bosa negotiations, just couldn't agree to the payment schedule.

 

So the Bosa issue is that the Chargers wanted to give him 85% of his signing bonus now and 15% in March 2017...both of which were guaranteed and he couldn't accept that?

 

Is that really what it came down to?

 

Essentially. However, word is that the 85% was just arrived at recently by the Chargers. Bosa's camp wants 100% this year.

 

This is yet another example of how a player probably wants to get into camp and would take the deal but he's go this agent in his ear telling him he can't so he trusts him.

 

It's a dance. Agent doesn't want to give in because other agents will use it against him with other players in the future.

 

If you gave Bosa truth serum I say he's ready to take the deal.

Based on my understanding, yes. Seems ridiculous on his part IMO.

 

Agreed

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.