UFC 202 - McGregor vs Diaz 2

Surprised there was no thread on this as big as this one was. I didn't get it watch it live but just watched it on facebook. One of the best I've seen. Alot of whining online that Diaz got robbed. My personal opinion, it could have went either way. McGregory definitely took 1 and 2, Diaz took 3 and 5. The 4th was up in the air.

He knocked Diaz down 3 times and had more total strikes. Nate didn't use his best weapon until 10 seconds were left in the fight. He should have shot and shot. It wasn't like McGregor was going to sprawl to take top position. After the 1st knock down Diaz should have known that McGregor wanted no part of the ground, no matter how hard he had trained in Jiu Jitsu. He needed to force the action down there.

I thought Conor clearly won the fight , and I was slightly rooting for Diaz .. Ok I HATE both of them. But after listening to the post fight interviews and questions I def gained a measure of respect for Mcgregor , while Diaz sounded like he might have taken too many shots to the head - I swear he doesnt have the intelligence of a 6th grader . Guy is equally dumb as he is tough . No way the UFC wants him holding a title . He's a street thug , a very good one , but if given preference I'd bet Diaz would love to skip the rules and the gloves . Listening him attempt to speak is downright painful.

I didn't think it was a toss-up. McGregor won the first two rounds, without debate. Diaz the next round and a half, but I would say McGregor prevailed through the rest of the fight.

Once Diaz fought his way back into the match, I thought McGregor was going down, but he somehow regained the upper hand.

I am surprised by this outcome. I thought Diaz would knock him out for sure.

First was Bisping v Rockhold, now Mcgregor v Diaz.

Bisping over Rockhold was a much bigger upset. Before the first fight most people would have expected Conor to win easily.

He knocked Diaz down 3 times and had more total strikes. Nate didn't use his best weapon until 10 seconds were left in the fight. He should have shot and shot. It wasn't like McGregor was going to sprawl to take top position. After the 1st knock down Diaz should have known that McGregor wanted no part of the ground, no matter how hard he had trained in Jiu Jitsu. He needed to force the action down there.

Nate landed more total strikes and more significant strikes.

Conor obviously had more knock downs.

Nate landed more total strikes and more significant strikes.

Conor obviously had more knock downs.

Question about how fights are or should be scored.

Nate had more significant strikes however McGregor had more significant strikes in 3 of the 5 rounds. Meaning Nate just had a bigger advantage in his 2 rounds. Does total strikes for the fight really factor in to who wins the fight? You can theoretically dominate the total strike count but lose 4 of 5 rounds.

Just seems so many pointed to Diaz winning the strike count therefore he should have won the fight.

Question about how fights are or should be scored.

Nate had more significant strikes however McGregor had more significant strikes in 3 of the 5 rounds. Meaning Nate just had a bigger advantage in his 2 rounds. Does total strikes for the fight really factor in to who wins the fight? You can theoretically dominate the total strike count but lose 4 of 5 rounds.

Just seems so many pointed to Diaz winning the strike count therefore he should have won the fight.

I think they still judge round by round.