Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

St. Xavier - Lexington Catholic Predictions

Who wins? 50 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Lexington Catholic
      6%
    • St. Xavier
      94%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Who wins this one?

Typically, X has the ability to control the line of scrimmage against Lex Cath, and I would assume that will be the case this year. With X playing without Ridder I would expect their offense to be a bit more vanilla, but again all should feel confident with their run game at the end.

 

X wins 38 - 14.

Well said LTR... this game will be won in the trinches, but I still have concerns with the secondary. I hope they are able to prove themselves this week....X wins 30-17

St X has to be the favorite to win this game. The fact that St X quarterback is not available and that this is the 1st game of the year for St X may keep LC in this game for the 1st half. In the end, LC plays this game to better prepare themselves for district play and the playoffs.

St X has to be the favorite to win this game. The fact that St X quarterback is not available and that this is the 1st game of the year for St X may keep LC in this game for the 1st half. In the end, LC plays this game to better prepare themselves for district play and the playoffs.

 

QB2 Albers may not be as quick or as tall, but I would argue he is more accurate and also has a cannon of an arm. After getting 2 quarters of live action vs. SK, I am expecting he will calm down and when geting pressured just throw the ball out of bounds instead of getting picked off.

How are the St X WRs this year?

How are the St X WRs this year?

 

Personally, I would consider the group as a whole "possession receivers." Not going to kill you with speed, but did not see many dropped passes during scrimmage. If X continues to mix up the run with the short/medium passes, it will be tough for the defenses to stay rested. Interested to see what others think....

Personally, I would consider the group as a whole "possession receivers." Not going to kill you with speed, but did not see many dropped passes during scrimmage. If X continues to mix up the run with the short/medium passes, it will be tough for the defenses to stay rested. Interested to see what others think....

Thanks EKK! Will also be interesting to see how they mix it up vs Lex Cath.

St. X 35-20.

QB2 Albers may not be as quick or as tall, but I would argue he is more accurate and also has a cannon of an arm. After getting 2 quarters of live action vs. SK, I am expecting he will calm down and when geting pressured just throw the ball out of bounds instead of getting picked off.

 

I hope this aspect of the offense is improved upon since last season. Too many turnovers hurt the flow of the offense.

X too strong for the Knights. What year is QB Albers?

X too strong for the Knights. What year is QB Albers?

 

If I read the roster correctly he's a junior.

Back up qb for X is pretty good.

 

I am sure he is a very good QB, but St X staff must feel that Ritter gives St X a better chance to win or he would not be the #1 QB.

 

No disrespect intended, but there is an advantage for LC to play against the #2 QB as opposed to the # 1 QB. Not saying that there is enough of an advantage gained such that LC steals a win, but perhaps enough of an advantage to keep the score close for the 1st half.

Judging how Lex Cath was close against Boone for 3 quarters I would say St X by at least 21.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.