Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

3A Sleepers in 2016

Featured Replies

We can all agree that Belfry is the favorite in Class 3A. There are a handful of other teams (Corbin, Lexington Catholic, Boyle, Central, Caldwell) that seem like potential final four teams.

 

Unlike some previous years where 3A was very balanced, there are many question marks this year. Who do you see as a potential spoiler team, someone who could make a run to the regional final, state semifinals, or even finals, that hasn't been discussed much during the preseason?

  • Author
Fleming County. Very easily could go be hosting Belfry in the region 3 championship game undefeated.

 

All but the last sentence could happen. Belfry is district 6 and this is an even year, so Belfry (if they win their district) would host the region final.

Fleming co could go undefeated very easily

All but the last sentence could happen. Belfry is district 6 and this is an even year, so Belfry (if they win their district) would host the region final.

 

Correct. My mistake. Region has to travel in semis.

Paducah Tilghman

 

I am not predicting it, but the potential talent to make a real run is there. They have a new coach that's a big name in the area. Have heard the kids really like him. Yes, you've heard most of this before to no avail. But "could" all the pieces fall together to make a run to BG. SURE

Waggener- 4 Possible D1 players

 

Garrard County- Was a solid team last year and return a lot, meanwhile the teams in their district should take a small step back

 

Adair County- Return everyone and most are 3-4 year starters, but we ont know what they have until late in the playoffs due to their schedule

I don't think Russell will overlook Fleming Co. again this year, like they did last year. The Fleming Co. game is one that the Russell players are already talking about. Russell will be better in all phases that they were in 2015. My guess is that Russell goes to Pond Creek for region championship game.

Russell is at Fleming this year... No way they can pull out the win

Russell is at Fleming this year... No way they can pull out the win

 

That's a bit extreme to say "no way" when Russell has dominated the rivalry

 

With that said, one would have to think Fleming is starting to trend as the slight favorite in the District.

 

For me though I can't shake the thoughts of this from last season:

Oct 9, 15 West Carter home (L) 0 - 43 Click

Oct 16, 15 Bath County away (W) 21 - 19 Click

 

After beating Russell it looked like Fleming was bonafide Top 10 team then those two games happened. A blowout loss with the District on the line and a very narrow win over a Bath County team that finished their season going 1-5

 

Fleming has had some nice teams over the years only to fade once the weather got colder... this may be the year they put it together, but I am very cautious to anoint them the favorite to reach the Regional Finals considering their past history.

  • Author
Fleming has had some nice teams over the years only to fade once the weather got colder... this may be the year they put it together, but I am very cautious to anoint them the favorite to reach the Regional Finals considering their past history.

 

This. I think Fleming should be very good, but Russell has traditionally dominated that district and I need to see Fleming put it all together first. However, if any Fleming County team is going to do it, this one seems like the best chance in a few years.

Fleming County looks pretty impressive based on what little video I've seen of them recently. They're definitely a team to watch out for this season, but they will have Russell's full attention on September 30th. There will be no lack of motivation for the Devils on that night.

 

All I'll say is, Russell's biggest question marks coming into the season were OL, DL, and QB. After seeing a little bit of film, I'm feeling a lot better about things right now.

 

Adair County was my 3A sleeper pick in the thread I did a while back. But, like ATLCat said, we won't really know much about them until November. Also, if Waggener's talent gels... look out!

Wow Fleming is getting an awful lot of love on here.

 

When I saw them last year I was very much not impressed. They only beat Russell due to Conley being banged up and then got demolished by West Carter.

 

I am not saying they won't win their district or they won't be undefeated but I have concerns of them getting past Lawrence or Pike Central in round 2 let alone having any shot at the Big Red Machine.

Wow Fleming is getting an awful lot of love on here.

 

When I saw them last year I was very much not impressed. They only beat Russell due to Conley being banged up and then got demolished by West Carter.

 

I am not saying they won't win their district or they won't be undefeated but I have concerns of them getting past Lawrence or Pike Central in round 2 let alone having any shot at the Big Red Machine.

 

I am not a Fleming Co fan by no means but they are going to be the really good the next 2 seasons

Russell will win the district, then fall to Belfry in Region finals.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.