Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper vs Boone County Scrimmage

Featured Replies

  • Replies 42
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is, the players have more respect for each other, they know what the other team gives up, in practice and in time, in the end you want to win and someone has to lose, unfortunately for Boone they are in a situation that is bad and we all know it.who gives a crap about someone's personal opinion.

If the kids have respect for themselves, they will keep playing and not give up. Football builds character.

We all see it different I feel any shot about a school on here is on the coaching staff not the players. It is their job to get the athletes on the field and put them in the right place. That is what they are paid for.

That shows how much you know about the game of football. When you're outmatched talent wise, it is what it is. The Rebels are getting decent coaching, if you watched the scrimmage, they did manage to force Cooper into a few punts with defensive stops, they did pressure the qb, they did break up some pass attempts, they did make some nice hard tackles, so they are coached pretty darn good from what I see. The fact that they were unable to get to the end zone is not all that surprising. It's a Cooper defense that is stingy against even some of NKY's top teams. I really have no respect for grown men that hide behind a keyboard and bad mouth the kids. Say what you want about the coaching staff, but it's the teenage boys that are stepping out onto that field and fighting as best they can. No kid on either team, but I support all kids that give it their best, winning seasons or not. Some people just need to grow up or man up and speak that noise publicly (I know a few Boone parents that would love to hear that said to them personally).

You dont see them in the offseason you dont know if the are working hard or not. It is the coaches job to make kids by in to what they are doing. You can look on a football field and see if the kids by in or not. Are the Boone County kids in the weight room 6 days a week are they running track are they doing what the our schools are doing. If so I would think they would have a better product on the field. Again it is the coaching staff that sets the tone for all of that.

SOME ARE WALKING ON THIN ICE. PLAY NICELY.

From what I saw last night the Boone kids and coaching staff were pumped up. They had fight in them but they were over matched. The Varsity players were cheering on the JV team after a tough scrimmage. Does Boone still have 6a numbers?

I have heard about this rule (The Clyde rule) if you disagree you will be kicked of BGP. I am starting to wonder if it is true.

You dont see them in the offseason you dont know if the are working hard or not. It is the coaches job to make kids by in to what they are doing. You can look on a football field and see if the kids by in or not. Are the Boone County kids in the weight room 6 days a week are they running track are they doing what the our schools are doing. If so I would think they would have a better product on the field. Again it is the coaching staff that sets the tone for all of that.

Do you honestly think that everyone at Cooper buys in, runs track, spends countless hours in the weight room? No, they do not. You work with what you have. It's ok to judge your own little Johnnys effort and commitment, but not a teenager you know nothing about. JMO

Yes I do believe that and that is why I think they are winning.

I have heard about this rule (The Clyde rule) if you disagree you will be kicked of BGP. I am starting to wonder if it is true.

 

No one is kicked off for disagreeing. THat happens all the time on here in every forum. It's part of the discussion. But this is the line several of us are in jeopardy of crossing:

 

2. No disparaging, taunting, or boastful comments--especially between opponents trying to intimidate each other. This includes name calling or personal attacks toward any member, username, or school. Also, keeping in mind the youth of our student athletes, excessive "bashing" of high school athletes is prohibited. Do not comment on the manner in which another member has posted, or any violations you find in their posts. Such public remarks will be considered a violation under this rule. If you feel that a specific post violates our rules, please report it using the "Report Post" feature which is located under the username in every post.

 

All 14 rules can be found under the Terms of Service we all agree to. Here's the link: http://bluegrasspreps.com/terms-info.html

 

Take a hint. We were warned by a Moderator in post #35. I suggest we drop it. I will.

Yes I do believe that and that is why I think they are winning.

 

Just a little unknown information for you. Last year Boone had a very good sprint relay team with some young talent that do play football, and a big contender in the field events that plays football. Correct me if I am wrong, but no one from Coopers starting OLine/ DLine participated in track last year, nor did the qb, backup qb/running back or any of the starting receiving crew. So, I believe the Boone kids are trying to do the little extras. Sometimes, you just don't have enough to match up when it comes to 11 man football were subs are needed to sustain 4 quarters.

.......and someone wonders why his printer parts got lost. LOL

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.