Cardinals @ Reds (8/2 - 8/4)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roller coaster.

Ohlendorf gives up MLB leading and franchise record 21st HR to the 1st batter faced by a reliever to go down 3-2

Duvall drives in Votto to take lead back at 4-3

Wood plays "add on" to the records by giving up #22 to start the next inning. (Agree -- where was Iglesias?). Then gives up a VERY loud out to the warning track in dead CF. Then gives up another HR to give STL the lead.

Reds load the bases off of Broxton wildness and Fat Boy Adams' inability to field a bunt. K for Hamilton (2nd K in 3 innings with the bases loaded) and a DP by DeJesus to fail to score with bases loaded and 0 out. Yikes. (Also, why not consider bunting Hamilton in that situation? Put some pressure on the defense.)

Jumbo, remarkably, works a clean 9th.

Oh gives up 2 very hard hit balls to Votto-matic and DuvAllStar and then gets behind 2-1 to Schebler who lights up the night sitting on a fastball up & in.

Cardinals just more incompetent than the Reds on this night.

^Part of me thinks he was holding Iglesias for tonight. With Reed going, and the crap shoot that his starts have been thus far, I think he wanted his #1 guy available to go multiple innings tonight.

Would've liked to see Lorenzen though.

With the Monday off day he had too many better options than Ohlendorf and Wood imo but hey what will that get me. The Reds have had so much trouble beating the Cards why not go all out to win the 1st game of the series?

With the Monday off day he had too many better options than Ohlendorf and Wood imo but hey what will that get me. The Reds have had so much trouble beating the Cards why not go all out to win the 1st game of the series?

Someone has to tank these games to get a top 3 pick.