Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Darryl Strawberry Used to Exercise Between Innings

Featured Replies

I can't imagine the 80's in New York. How wouldn't they get messed up?

 

One thing for sure, that team should have won more than one. They needed a tough guy as their manager. Davey could coach but he was hands off. That team was so good but they were too loose, which was obvious by this 30/30.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Rule #8

  • Author

And don't even get me started on Len Dykstra.

Sweetest swings ever:

 

1A Ted Wiiliams

1B Ken Griffey Jr

1C Daryl Strawberry

 

2 Will Clark

 

"Sweet Swinging" Billy Williams

"Sweet Swinging" Billy Williams

 

Yeah, his was a great one. Wish I could've seen him in his prime.

 

Why is it that lefties always have pretty swings but nobody ever talks about RH batters that way? When I taught myself how to hit from the left side, I always loved it because my swing was much smoother, and I had a line-drive type swing from the right side. Whenever I go into the cage or hit live pitching anymore, I always go lefty.

Yeah, his was a great one. Wish I could've seen him in his prime.

 

Why is it that lefties always have pretty swings but nobody ever talks about RH batters that way? When I taught myself how to hit from the left side, I always loved it because my swing was much smoother, and I had a line-drive type swing from the right side. Whenever I go into the cage or hit live pitching anymore, I always go lefty.

 

My old chum Tim Furnish and myself had this conversation about lefties in high school 40 years ago...

My old chum Tim Furnish and myself had this conversation about lefties in high school 40 years ago...

 

Righty swings are just ugly. Not sure why.

Enjoyed the show. Glad they SEEM to be in a good place.

 

Each had a chance to be all-timers.

 

Apparently no longer in a good place.

 

Dwight Gooden says Darryl Strawberry comments hurt me a lot

 

Dwight Gooden said in a radio interview Monday that he was re-evaluating his relationship with Darryl Strawberry because of his former New York Mets teammate's recent comments that the former All-Star pitcher was "a complete junkie-addict."

 

"The Darryl thing hurt me a lot because I had just thought we re-established our relationship," Gooden told "The Joe Piscopo Show."

 

"I forgave him for a lot of stuff. I never threw him under the bus, never said anything about him publicly. For him to say that stuff, you have to draw a line somewhere and I guess do a better choice of picking friends."

 

Strawberry told New York Daily News that he believes Gooden has relapsed into the drug use that derailed his playing career.

 

The duo, who were the subject of ESPN's 30 for 30 documentary "Doc & Darryl," were recently scheduled to make a joint public appearance, but Gooden was a no-show.

 

He's a complete junkie-addict," Strawberry told the newspaper about Gooden. "I've been trying behind the scenes to talk to him and get him to go for help, but he won't listen."

 

Strawberry told the newspaper that Gooden's son called him to help his father "before he dies."

 

Dwight Gooden Jr. issued a statement to the Daily News on Sunday night, saying between the death of Gooden's mother last month and his father's work schedule, "he has been under an extraordinary amount of stress, pressure and above all sadness." Gooden Jr. said his father was "planning on taking a break from the spotlight to rest and regroup and address his health" and that will be pushed up.

 

Gooden, after Strawberry and others expressed concern for him following his no-show at last week's event, sent a text to the Daily News that read: "I am fine, just finishing up some minor health issues."

 

Gooden on Monday again said he was OK.

 

"Everything's good," he said in the radio interview. "I am healthy. I don't have a drug problem. I mean, I am an addict ... that don't mean I'm an active addict."

 

"Doc & Darryl," which debuted on ESPN last month, featured the two talking in depth about their rise to stardom as the Mets won the 1986 World Series, and then their downward spirals as each battled addictions.

Doc won't be around much longer. He looks like death already.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.