After Day One you need to be at 73 or better to be in a good spot heading into tomorrow's final day of stroke play. Here is where UK's Five-some are after day one:

Cale Barr (76)

Brad Doster (76)

Ben Fuqua (79)

Dan Woltman (76)

Alex Volpenhein (76)

The boys certainly aren't out of it, but they will need very good days tomorrow to make it to Match Play.

-----------------------------------------------------

Note: congrats to Univ. of Florida Sophomore Billy Horschel for firing a first round 60! Wow. (It is a USGA Championship Record, besting the 62 by Loren Roberts at this year's US Senior Open and by Christina Kim at the 2001 U.S. Girls' Junior)

Hazeltine is playing much tougher than Chaska, the young man that shot 60 on Chaska, shot 6 over on Hazeltine.

So, if the UK golfers played H yesterday they could make up some ground today. Volp played H yesterday...hope for under par on C...and he makes the cut.

After Day One you need to be at 73 or better to be in a good spot heading into tomorrow's final day of stroke play. Here is where UK's Five-some are after day one:

Cale Barr (76)

Brad Doster (76)

Ben Fuqua (79)

Dan Woltman (76)

Alex Volpenhein (76)

The boys certainly aren't out of it, but they will need very good days tomorrow to make it to Match Play.

-----------------------------------------------------

Note: congrats to Univ. of Florida Sophomore Billy Horschel for firing a first round 60! Wow. (It is a USGA Championship Record, besting the 62 by Loren Roberts at this year's US Senior Open and by Christina Kim at the 2001 U.S. Girls' Junior)

Did you see what Fuqua did on 18 yesterday?

Not a good enough performance today from Woltman, Fuqua, and Barr. They will be headed home. Hopefully Volp and Doster come through today. Cut is at +5 or +6 right now.

Ever seen anyone shoot 60-78? :lol:

No, but I've seen someone shoot 29-39!:lol:

Good showing by the Wildcats at Hazeltine. They are going to be tough to beat this year.

That wasn't very nice. :madman: Ever seen anyone -8 through 10 and shoot 68? :sssh:

I have a question though? Was it really a good showing? Maybe my expectations have gone too high for this squad but I honestly felt we may have 3 guys make the cut. With zero teeing it up today I'm a little shocked and disappointed.

That wasn't very nice. :madman: Ever seen anyone -8 through 10 and shoot 68? :sssh:

I have a question though? Was it really a good showing? Maybe my expectations have gone too high for this squad but I honestly felt we may have 3 guys make the cut. With zero teeing it up today I'm a little shocked and disappointed.

I've seen LOTS of stuff on the golf course, as you are well aware.

I think it was pretty sweet that 5 guys from the same college team made the Am. Did any other school in the country do that? As far as none of them making the cut, that's not real impressive. I was expecting at least one of them to make it, but we all have our bad days.

Did you see what Fuqua did on 18 yesterday?

Not a good enough performance today from Woltman, Fuqua, and Barr. They will be headed home. Hopefully Volp and Doster come through today. Cut is at +5 or +6 right now.

Ever seen anyone shoot 60-78? :lol:

Usually the other way around; sandbagging to be seeded in lower flights. Local tournaments; obviously not something like the U.S. Amateur.

I'm not as good as you guys, but I did shoot a smooth 38-50 this past weekend. I would have taken 88 on the 1st tee (not a good day for me, but at the tip of acceptability), but at the hot dog shack I was sure thinking something lower.

I prob would have taken 68 too, but not after 10!

That hot dog shack will do it to us every time... ;)