FCC at Lou City

Ok, the match is a week away, but it's never too early to start a thread :)

FCC has at least 4 sections filled at Slugger field, and depending on the weather I see a fee more being filled up as well.

Getslow, where would be a good spot for the FCC fans to tailgate? Do you have any connections that you can help me out with? :)

Depending on the weather I'll head down to this match, plus it will give me a reason to go on a road trip in my new vehicle. I'm really looking forward to this match, both teams are not doing to bad, and I'd love to see a lot of FCC fans at this game :)

A great second half on both ends tonight for FCC in front of 19K. Danbridge with a big goal and a great defensive play in the 77th minute. The Eastern Conference at this point has four of the top five teams at this point, Louisville leading the league with 31.

Not happy that Louisville has a midweek game against Toronto ahead of the game against FCC, but it does give O'Connor a chance to continue messing with a lineup that's been all over the place due to injuries and suspensions.

I think he's pretty close to coming up with his best eleven that will play throughout July and into the final stretch.

Should be a great game next weekend.

Is Slugger Field a natural or artificial surface? If natural, how is the quality of play when the ball is on the infield dirt?

Combination of both natural and artificial. Most of the field is the grass from the baseball field but they stitch in an artificial surface over the infield dirt and retractable pitcher's mound.

We affectionately refer to those areas as our Turf Monster. It has claimed the footing of many a visiting player attempting to take a quick turn.

Pretty cool that this rivalry has been forged. You don't often see minor league teams bringing loads of fans to their opponents stadiums/arenas.

It's the independent nature of lower league soccer that helps. Cincinnati and Louisville are their own entities with no ties to upper level teams. Our players are our own and can't simply be called up. Gives the city a sense of ownership in the club that it's impossible to have with minor league baseball or hockey.

Come on and get yer whoopin' Cincinnati.

If anyone's coming down, you'll likely find me somewhere on the patio at Against the Grain, baking in the summer sun. Shoot a private message. Always good to meet another BGP poster.

Come on and get yer whoopin' Cincinnati.

If anyone's coming down, you'll likely find me somewhere on the patio at Against the Grain, baking in the summer sun. Shoot a private message. Always good to meet another BGP poster.

I might come down if I can find someone to go.