Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calipari wants the SEC Tournament moved to November

Featured Replies

Hoping my sarcasm didn't get lost when you read my previous post. To add, besides the NIT season, the other two years they lost in the finals of the SEC tournament (both of those seasons making the NCAA finals, winning one).

 

I completely understand his point. From a power conference perspective it makes sense if the pre-conference season tournament guarantees teams 3 or 4 extra games they wouldn't normally get. Teams that advance further in conference tournaments often get NCAA tournament bolstering points for getting more games. Now that would widen the gap even more with mid-majors, so in that sense it would suck.

 

Please don't call the SEC a "power conference" in basketball. You have a good reputation here and it's not wise to scuttle it over silly loyalties. You're smarter than that. The SEC in hoops is a one-trick pony.

  • Replies 68
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can I be an assistant? I'm a perfect assistant and do better when playing the "good cop" role. I won't let you down and I'll be your most loyal assistant. I'll hold you down on and off the court. I got you.

 

You better put me on staff. I won't allow no backsliding crap. And no KY kids are on my team. Maybe one, since KY kids can teach the kids from all those other horrible states how the game should be played. Possibly white for good PR measures, but I can be influenced. Go Blue!

Edited by PurplePride92

Maybe you can be in charge of academics and tutor them.

 

 

I have absolute faith in Mt. Ref's ability to get this done. Need a guy like that who pays attention to details — all of 'em.

 

Can I play the role of Father Hatz?

 

 

Every great team needs a great chaplain. There is local competition, however. A very good friend of mine and Mack The Knife as well swore off all that crazy drinking stuff about 25 years back and has been a Baptist preacher since then (in Woodford Co., I think, but Mack can correct me here).

 

Complete 180, never saw it coming and all that stuff, and I love every rare chance I get to see him. He's tied in somehow with the BBN, and gets to come into the media room after games, which is how I saw him last. Was great meeting his kiddos. They're probably 6-10 by now.

I do think Cal is whining but I also like what he is saying. What is the point of the conference tournament if the winner is seemingly punished in the seeding?

 

I don't buy the bracket is done by Sunday and to move the championship to Saturday. It wasn't until recently the ACC tournament moved its final to Saturdays and for a long time the finals on Sundays mattered until recently. They don't release the bracket until Sunday evening so they have plenty of time to adjust when needed. That's the committee being lazy. They need to do their job.

 

I don't think anyone will give his idea support but I like it.

 

So your saying that up until the ACC recently moved their championship to Saturday instead of Sunday, the Sunday games mattered? Until recently of course, since the ACC now has their tourney wrapped up on Saturday. You might be on to something there.

He just wants the game to count, now everyone is talking and the coaches all will probably want the same thing. He also gets a shot at the selection committee which he likes to do.

  • Author
So your saying that up until the ACC recently moved their championship to Saturday instead of Sunday, the Sunday games mattered? Until recently of course, since the ACC now has their tourney wrapped up on Saturday. You might be on to something there.

 

I've always thought the Sunday games mattered and that they always should matter. Calipari said they don't matter. That's why he hates the SEC tournament now. They way UK won the SEC tournament and finished behind A&M in seeding then it seems like Sunday games don't matter anymore.

 

I don't know the reasoning behind the ACC moving their championship game to Saturday other than they did it when they added more schools to the conference.

  • Author

Is Barnhart on the selection committee now or is that for football?

Is Barnhart on the selection committee now or is that for football?

Basketball, but he has to leave the room when they discuss Kentucky. I still think it makes an impact

  • Author
Basketball, but he has to leave the room when they discuss Kentucky. I still think it makes an impact

 

I think so also. His presence alone makes an impact whether he is in the room or not.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.