Bryan Station 35 Mad. Southern 14

The score was 35-14. Bryan Station led 21-0 late in the third quarter but Madison Southern scored twice to cut the margin to 7; 21-14 with 8:54 remaining in the game but Bryan Station tacked on two scores to settle the issue. Bryan Station had 13 first downs, 331 yards of total offense and was penalized 13 times for 79 yards. Bryan Station did not have any turnovers. Madison Southern had 19 first downs, 318 yards of total offense and was penalized 8 times for 47 yards. However Madison Southern had three passes intercepted and lost a fumble.

Bryan Station was led on the ground by Terrel Combs who carried the ball 19 times for 126 yards and a 64 yard td run. Lance Morton completed 11 of 18 passes for 186 yards and two td passes. Jovan Dawson caught 5 passes for 68 yards with a td. T. Miller-Hughes caught 4 passes for 87 yards with a td. Wes Wilson led the defense with 5 solo, 4 assisted tackles and two interceptions.

Josey Cruise had a big evening for Madison Southern with 9 receptions for 133 yards and a td. Cruise also carried the ball 3 times for 25 yards with a td. Jordan Blasdell led the defense with 4 solo and 6 assisted tackles.

Statistics by WL Stats

While Madison Southern lost a lot of talent they still have some playmakers left and turnovers did them in tonight. Bryan Station got off to a good start and he seems to have instilled a very positive attitude in his team.

I was a little suprised by the score i this one. Bryan Station and the new coach look to be getting it in order. Should be a good matchup in week four with Johnson Central. Did Madison Southern lose a lot to graduation last year?

They lots a boatload of talent. I look for them to struggle to compete week in and week out in their district. I don't even think they'll finish in the top four in Class 3A District 7....I think they'll finsh either 6th or 7th. Whoever loses the Perry County Central/Madison Southern game in week 11 will be the cellar dwellers for this season in the district.