Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKU loses Women's Coach

Featured Replies

Well she didn't last very long. Dawn Plitzuweit has been named the head coach at South Dakota.

 

Northern Kentucky University Athletics - Plitzuweit announced as South Dakota head coach

 

NKU is a program that is on the rise. Following a Division II tenure that included two National Championships (2000, 2008), the Norse have continued their winning traditions at the Division I level. Four-straight winning records since beginning the reclassification process all resulted in appearances in the Women's Basketball Invitational. Northern Kentucky will be eligible to compete in the NCAA Division I Tournament next season.

That means Dixie boys loses a nice shooting guard and Dixie girls lose a future PG.

NKU is just going to be a stepping stone doormat for up and coming coaches now. Is what it is.

NKU is just going to be a stepping stone doormat for up and coming coaches now. Is what it is.

 

As is every low-mid major college job. What's your point??

As is every low-mid major college job. What's your point??

 

Isn't' south Dakota a low-mid major? Lateral move?

  • Author
Isn't' south Dakota a low-mid major? Lateral move?

 

That's sort of what I thought when I saw where she was heading, but I have no idea about South Dakota's basketball teams.

South Dakota women just won the NIT and previous coach left to take job at Nebraska. I think they made an NCAA appearance in 2014 as well.

 

I guess in a sense this could be viewed as a better stepping stone type position than NKU at this point in time?

South Dakota 96-44 over past few seasons including 32-5 last year, winning the NIT. Vacancy opened because coach left for Nebraska. I'd say that's a notch above NKU at the moment.

Does Jeff Hans at TMC throw his hat in?? 2 National Championships?

Does Jeff Hans at TMC throw his hat in?? 2 National Championships?

 

NO NO NO, he has a shot to win 3.

Oh, if I'm Jeff I'm going hard for it. Strike while the iron is hot - D1 job and you don't have to move. I'd take a trip to the big dance(which NKU will get very soon IMO) over a third DIII championship, but that's just me. I'm not Jeff.

Oh, if I'm Jeff I'm going hard for it. Strike while the iron is hot - D1 job and you don't have to move. I'd take a trip to the big dance(which NKU will get very soon IMO) over a third DIII championship, but that's just me. I'm not Jeff.

 

And I don't think he would have a chance to get it. I think, like with the men's program, they want someone now with D1 experience, even if it's an accomplished assistant.

Does Jeff Hans at TMC throw his hat in?? 2 National Championships?

 

I have no idea if NKU would have any interest but I would think the money at a D-I job would dwarf what he is making at TMC. He would have to be interested...and he would not even have to move....

Hate to see Coach P move on. My daughter went to a few of her camps and loved her. Hans would be a good choice for NKU. I don't know how D1 experience (especially if it's a young coach) would trump what he has done at TMC.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.