March 29, 201610 yr Will be hanging out with one most of the weekend, I'll report back. I'm not allowed to repeat the words that were said by the future father in law.
March 29, 201610 yr RG3 is an intriguing signing, high upside guy with a lot to prove. Plus they saved their first round pick for another position. Heck they could get Bosa now.Does RG3 have a high upside? He had about a 10 game run as a rookie that was superb. After that he has had three dreadful seasons, including one he was not allowed to dress. Physically he may have the tools, but his biggest question mark is his football intellect. There are countless stories and articles about him not being able to grasp the NFL game as it moves too fast for him.
March 29, 201610 yr Does RG3 have a high upside? He had about a 10 game run as a rookie that was superb. After that he has had three dreadful seasons' date=' including one he was not allowed to dress. Physically he may have the tools, but his biggest question mark is his football intellect. There are countless stories and articles about him not being able to grasp the NFL game as it moves too fast for him.[/quote'] He took a team to the playoffs he could do very well with Hugh. I still think it's a good move instead of drafting another QB highly.
March 29, 201610 yr I talked this through with a couple of other NFL folks I run with from outside BGP and if I were in your shoes (meaning a Browns fan 1st) I would be looking at the positives too. But I can tell you that the guys I talked to agree with me, we are happy as Bengals fans that the Browns signed RG3. I don't see how a Bengals fan would be glad that RG3 signed with Cleveland--not concerned or indifferent maybe--but glad he Cleveland signed him, I don't get? Unless you think that Hue will spend too much time trying to resurrect RG3 that the draft pick won't get the development attention he needs. I guess I could see that response then. From my perspective, all Cleveland did was add a QB to their roster. That means the depth at that position has improved. McCown can't be expected to play every game. He might get helicoptered in the first game again. Then you have to bring in a backup. Do you bring in a rookie? I hope not. One of the other guys they currently have on the roster? I hope not. RG3 is better than what they had. So, I think Cleveland's QB room got stronger. At best, RG3 will make some plays, perhaps against the Bengals. I'd like them to keep McCown for his mentoring of the draft pick but who knows if they will keep him. The coaching staff probably figures they would be better mentors than McCown any way. BTW, sorry I didn't respond sooner. For some reason I am unable to sign on to BGP from my home. It started about a week ago or so. I can sign on from other locations. RG3 is an intriguing signing, high upside guy with a lot to prove. Plus they saved their first round pick for another position. Heck they could get Bosa now. RG3 is clearly just a bridge to the future QB, hopefully the guy they take with the #2 pick in this draft. RG3 is NOT the answer. Two ACL injuries to the same knee. He can't take the punishment. Signing him was a stop-gap move. The Browns clearly preferred Kaepernick. The quicker the draft pick develops and starts, the better.
March 29, 201610 yr I don't see how a Bengals fan would be glad that RG3 signed with Cleveland--not concerned or indifferent maybe--but glad he Cleveland signed him' date=' I don't get? Unless you think that Hue will spend too much time trying to resurrect RG3 that the draft pick won't get the development attention he needs. I guess I could see that response then. From my perspective, all Cleveland did was add a QB to their roster. That means the depth at that position has improved. McCown can't be expected to play every game. He might get helicoptered in the first game again. Then you have to bring in a backup. Do you bring in a rookie? I hope not. One of the other guys they currently have on the roster? I hope not. RG3 is better than what they had. So, I think Cleveland's QB room got stronger. At best, RG3 will make some plays, perhaps against the Bengals. I'd like them to keep McCown for his mentoring of the draft pick but who knows if they will keep him. The coaching staff probably figures they would be better mentors than McCown any way. BTW, sorry I didn't respond sooner. For some reason I am unable to sign on to BGP from my home. It started about a week ago or so. I can sign on from other locations. RG3 is clearly just a bridge to the future QB, hopefully the guy they take with the #2 pick in this draft. RG3 is NOT the answer. Two ACL injuries to the same knee. He can't take the punishment. Signing him was a stop-gap move. The Browns clearly preferred Kaepernick. The quicker the draft pick develops and starts, the better.[/quote'] RG3 is a bridge but if Hugh could ride Dalton or McCarron to the playoffs I don't think he's a bad gamble.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.