2016 NKY Youth Football

uk#1fan

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think around 5 or 6 and another 6 with Highlands ties returning as 8th graders next year. On a side note, great game by both squads! Fun atmosphere with a great crowd. Treated to some good football.

Why would they do that? Why now? Have they changed their minds about what is most Important? I have heard that people have left because they felt that the Fort Thomas League doesn't play Competitive Football and are tired of the Playing time rule. Is this one of the reasons for their possible return? Listen I have no Dog in this fight but I do know most of the Coaches that Coach on the 8th grade level from both teams and I will tell you that All of them are in it for the right reasons. None of those guys have a Child playing which makes it very nice not to worry about Daddy Ball like most other places. Have they realized that the Ft Thomas Kids can play in a tougher league and Ft Thomas has made 8th grade Football a priority to build for the future and not worry about equal playing time. Imagine if Ft Thomas would of just put 1 team in the League or stacked 1 team to play in the League. Could you imagine Cam Hergott & Joe Buten on the same team the other night? I think the League made the right decision to Split the 2 teams as evenly and humanly possible. My guess Ft Thomas would of rolled with 1 Super team. Right?

I am confused? 6 -7th graders returning to the Red Devils next year in the senior division that lives in Ft Thomas. Personally I like the decision by Jr football to join the league. They represented very well. No doubt with some of those athletes on 1 team it would have been tough W for sure. My opinion more playing higher caliber of ball the better the players that feed. Question is Fort Thomas able to field two teams next year in the Sr division. I believe the numbers are low in the 7th grade?

I am confused? 6 -7th graders returning to the Red Devils next year in the senior division that lives in Ft Thomas. Personally I like the decision by Jr football to join the league. They represented very well. No doubt with some of those athletes on 1 team it would have been tough W for sure. My opinion more playing higher caliber of ball the better the players that feed. Question is Fort Thomas able to field two teams next year in the Sr division. I believe the numbers are low in the 7th grade?

Oh they are returning to the Red Devils? Thought you meant they would be considering moving back to Ft Thomas to play 1 last year with the kids their supposed to be playing with. Sorry for the Confusion. My fault.

You should have a super team when your made up of strictly 8th graders. I can't imagine the NKYFL making special exceptions just for Ft. Thomas to be able to put an all 8th grade team together when all the other teams in the league are made up of 7th and 8th graders.

NKY Bandits won the Junior Super Bowl over the Red Devils.

I thought the CCRD blanked the Bandits 27-0. My neighbor coaches the Juniors team and I confirmed. He said their previous game vs Union was their toughest game and that they went undefeated this year.