Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SEC Tourney Updates

Featured Replies

Pat Adams working game 1...

Nah, even though I know how much you want that to be true.

 

"I really like Louisville!"

 

I do like Louisville but sometimes you have to just call a spade a spade.

I do like Louisville but sometimes you have to just call a spade a spade.

 

I do admire your dedication. That I'll say. :lol2: :lol2:

I do like Louisville but sometimes you have to just call a spade a spade.

 

The state of Kentucky doesn't seem to be excelling in NCAA basketball this year, so maybe we just need to use the spade to bury the hatchet. :lol: Speaking mostly of the season play from UK and Louisville. And hope someone shows up to represent the state. :popcorn:

Edited by Sportsaholic Mamaw

The state of Kentucky doesn't seem to be excelling in NCAA basketball this year, so maybe we just need to use the spade to bury the hatchet. :lol: And hope someone shows up to represent the state. :popcorn:

 

Kentucky is going to be a 3-4 seed in the NCAA Tournament. WKU is still alive in Conference USA. Bellarmine and Kentucky Wesleyan are in the NCAA DII Tournament. Morehead State will be in the CIT or CBI.

 

Also, Georgetown (No. 1 overall seed), Pikeville, Campbellsville and Cumberlands are in the NAIA DI Tournament, Union College just lost in the NAIA DII Tournament.

 

I'd say Kentucky is doing fine.

Kentucky is going to be a 3-4 seed in the NCAA Tournament. WKU is still alive in Conference USA. Bellarmine and Kentucky Wesleyan are in the NCAA DII Tournament. Morehead State will be in the CIT or CBI.

 

Also, Georgetown (No. 1 overall seed), Pikeville, Campbellsville and Cumberlands are in the NAIA DI Tournament, Union College just lost in the NAIA DII Tournament.

 

I'd say Kentucky is doing fine.

 

Speaking of WKU, they have a 10 point lead on the #1 seed UAB in the conference torunament with about 11 minutes to go. Would be a huge upset.

I do admire your dedication. That I'll say. :lol2: :lol2:

 

Its kinda funny to think about the rush these guys get when UofL shows up on their alerts. LOL

Kentucky is going to be a 3-4 seed in the NCAA Tournament. WKU is still alive in Conference USA. Bellarmine and Kentucky Wesleyan are in the NCAA DII Tournament. Morehead State will be in the CIT or CBI.

 

Also, Georgetown (No. 1 overall seed), Pikeville, Campbellsville and Cumberlands are in the NAIA DI Tournament, Union College just lost in the NAIA DII Tournament.

 

I'd say Kentucky is doing fine.

I know there is a lot of talent out there, used too broad a brush should have compared UK and Louisville. These guys can play, the problem comes when are they playing for their school or showcasing their own talents to scouts. Tournament games will need to be won as a team. Yes, I know Louisville is out of post season play, but attitude was same during season. Call me old fashioned, but I loved those teams that stayed together and remained in college four years. Now I feel like I'm watching an NBA scouting film. It was just so good to love five guys who were playing for the name on the front of their shirt. And fans followed them to every game. I hope the Cats elevate their play in the NCAA Tournament to the quality of play we know they have the ability to do so.

I know there is a lot of talent out there, used too broad a brush should have compared UK and Louisville. These guys can play, the problem comes when are they playing for their school or showcasing their own talents to scouts. Tournament games will need to be won as a team. Yes, I know Louisville is out of post season play, but attitude was same during season. Call me old fashioned, but I loved those teams that stayed together and remained in college four years. Now I feel like I'm watching an NBA scouting film. It was just so good to love five guys who were playing for the name on the front of their shirt. And fans followed them to every game. I hope the Cats elevate their play in the NCAA Tournament to the quality of play we know they have the ability to do so.

 

I know what you're meaning now. I agree to an extent but Calipari and Pitino both do an outstanding job of bringing their teams together in March.

If you told me that Kentucky lost to Auburn this year, I'd call you a liar.

:thumb:

I know there is a lot of talent out there, used too broad a brush should have compared UK and Louisville. These guys can play, the problem comes when are they playing for their school or showcasing their own talents to scouts. Tournament games will need to be won as a team. Yes, I know Louisville is out of post season play, but attitude was same during season. Call me old fashioned, but I loved those teams that stayed together and remained in college four years. Now I feel like I'm watching an NBA scouting film. It was just so good to love five guys who were playing for the name on the front of their shirt. And fans followed them to every game. I hope the Cats elevate their play in the NCAA Tournament to the quality of play we know they have the ability to do so.

 

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

I know what you're meaning now. I agree to an extent but Calipari and Pitino both do an outstanding job of bringing their teams together in March.

 

Agree. Not demeaning UK, I've bled blue for 60 year's.

I know there is a lot of talent out there, used too broad a brush should have compared UK and Louisville. These guys can play, the problem comes when are they playing for their school or showcasing their own talents to scouts. Tournament games will need to be won as a team. Yes, I know Louisville is out of post season play, but attitude was same during season. Call me old fashioned, but I loved those teams that stayed together and remained in college four years. Now I feel like I'm watching an NBA scouting film. It was just so good to love five guys who were playing for the name on the front of their shirt. And fans followed them to every game. I hope the Cats elevate their play in the NCAA Tournament to the quality of play we know they have the ability to do so.

 

Okay, I'm calling you old-fashioned. And so am I. I miss the days of four year seniors, as well. Givens, Lee, Robey, Phillips , and on and on. I still enjoy watching but not nearly as much as the old days. It was more fun back then. After four years you felt like you really knew those boys and that they were playing for the name of the school on the uniform rather than for a quickie one year and then they're gone.

Okay, I'm calling you old-fashioned. And so am I. I miss the days of four year seniors, as well. Givens, Lee, Robey, Phillips , and on and on. I still enjoy watching but not nearly as much as the old days. It was more fun back then. After four years you felt like you really knew those boys and that they were playing for the name of the school on the uniform rather than for a quickie one year and then they're gone.

SF if you were a fan of that great team, you'll enjoy this story. That year in March I had to have surgery at Central Baptist Hospital in Lexington. So the night before surgery, I was in a 4 bed ward of my surgeon's patients for Monday morning, another patient was one of UK's cheerleaders. About 1:00 a.m. the room became noisy and I woke up, looked up to see these really tall guys standing between our beds. Of course I knew them immediately. They had slipped into the hospital thru the ER entrance. We laughed and talked for about an hour, about that time the nurse came in and she was about 5'2" but she got them moving real quick. It was hilarious to see them move that fast. But that was a unique experience. They were all surprised I even knew them. They were a great bunch of guys. Good memory and my surgery was fine.

SF if you were a fan of that great team, you'll enjoy this story. That year in March I had to have surgery at Central Baptist Hospital in Lexington. So the night before surgery, I was in a 4 bed ward of my surgeon's patients for Monday morning, another patient was one of UK's cheerleaders. About 1:00 a.m. the room became noisy and I woke up, looked up to see these really tall guys standing between our beds. Of course I knew them immediately. They had slipped into the hospital thru the ER entrance. We laughed and talked for about an hour, about that time the nurse came in and she was about 5'2" but she got them moving real quick. It was hilarious to see them move that fast. But that was a unique experience. They were all surprised I even knew them. They were a great bunch of guys. Good memory and my surgery was fine.

 

Great story. Thanks for sharing. I really miss some of those great, old teams.

 

I ran into Melvin Turpin(I'm sure you remember him) at a grocery store in Lexington about a year or so before he passed away. Seemed like a really nice guy.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.