Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should the Bengals consider Alex Mack?

Featured Replies

It's no secret that the Bengals have a problem at center. Former fifth round pick, Russell Bodine, has consistently fallen short of expectations and significantly hurt the Bengals offense as a result of poor technique and simply being overpowered at the line of scrimmage. On top of that, don't forget about his errant snaps that were a problem in training camp. They seemed to have been fixed, for the most part during the season.

 

However, the Bengals drafted two offensive lineman last year, so it's looking like the team can move on and no longer be held down by Smith's $6,000,000 cap hit. Mack made $8,000,000 in 2015 with the Browns, but centers in the NFL don't typically make much more than $9,000,000 per year.

 

Free Agency 216: Should the Bengals consider Alex Mack? - Cincy Jungle

  • Author

Mack would be a nice luxury.

Isn't he a strong run blocker? Sign him up.

He will cost to much. Jacksonville will give him to much money.

He opted out because he wants more money. He is making 8 mil a year right now. To get him he will be closer to 10 mil a year. I personally would like the Jags to stay away as I dont think he will be worth that. Then again I'm not a GM.

He opted out because he wants more money. He is making 8 mil a year right now. To get him he will be closer to 10 mil a year. I personally would like the Jags to stay away as I dont think he will be worth that. Then again I'm not a GM.

 

They said there is a good chance he resigns with the Browns.

They said there is a good chance he resigns with the Browns.

 

If I had to guess, I'd say that's the likely landing spot. He will test the waters to see what he can get on the open market. To be honest a 30 year old center coming off back to back injury ridden seasons would be difficult to pay 10 million a year to. With the Browns likely to take a QB at 2, having him at center would be great for a young QB.

If I had to guess, I'd say that's the likely landing spot. He will test the waters to see what he can get on the open market. To be honest a 30 year old center coming off back to back injury ridden seasons would be difficult to pay 10 million a year to. With the Browns likely to take a QB at 2, having him at center would be great for a young QB.

 

The Browns have Erving from FSU who can play center.

Not going to happen for what Mack is seeking....when was the last time Mike Brown cut a big check for a legit need in free agency?

 

These pick ups are few and far between for the ultra conservative Brown family fiscal process. They'll seek a damaged, unproven center and pay as little as possible.

I read the Bengals are going to do what they always do resign their free agents and get value free agents probably one big name.

Yes. The o-line, specifically the center position, was the Bengals biggest weakness last season. He's probably going to be too expensive for them though.

For you Bengal guys, would the Bengals consider C a first round option? There seems to be a couple guys that the talking heads say could start immediately.

For you Bengal guys, would the Bengals consider C a first round option? There seems to be a couple guys that the talking heads say could start immediately.

 

If they think they are going to lose Sanu then they need a WR with the pick although I prefer Eli Apple with Dennard being the 3rd CB/safety hybrid.

For you Bengal guys, would the Bengals consider C a first round option? There seems to be a couple guys that the talking heads say could start immediately.

 

I'd be open to taking a center in the 1st or 2nd round, especially if they're able to start immediately. I haven't studied the draft well enough to have any idea which prospects would be available, though.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.