Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Belfry Senior Recruiting Thread

Featured Replies

UK likes Horton... but I think they have names ahead of him on their board and his height is concerning people.

 

Ray just needs to perform this Summer and let the pieces fall.

 

 

I hope he gets an offer. I would love to be able to read the article on him.

  • Replies 48
  • Views 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't truly get the height concern at the 1 or 3, where Horton will wind up. It is all about leverage and arm length there. If he has the reach of a 6'3" DT w/ a lower center of gravity and his explosiveness....I don't get the concern.

  • Author
I don't truly get the height concern at the 1 or 3, where Horton will wind up. It is all about leverage and arm length there. If he has the reach of a 6'3" DT w/ a lower center of gravity and his explosiveness....I don't get the concern.

 

Me either...

 

I just think too many of these schools get caught up with guys who look the best getting off the bus.

 

All I know is Ray Horton is the most dominant Defensive Lineman that I have seen at the HS level in the State of KY in a long time and someone is going to get a player.

Me either...

 

I just think too many of these schools get caught up with guys who look the best getting off the bus.

 

All I know is Ray Horton is the most dominant Defensive Lineman that I have seen at the HS level in the State of KY in a long time and someone is going to get a player.

 

Horton is the best DL in KY in a long time IMO. Won't be rated like Elam though.

Bentley is down to two schools and will decide soon. Not sure which schools he is down to.

  • Author
Bentley is down to two schools and will decide soon. Not sure which schools he is down to.

 

His Final 6 Supposedly Were:

Purdue

Virginia

Cincy

Georgia Tech

Memphis

Wake Forest

 

 

If I am a betting man I would say it is either Georgia Tech, Purdue, or Virginia.

 

Three excellent academic institutions and all three play in a Power 5 Conference. I would have to think Virginia is appealing due to proximity at home and Bronco Mendenhall is a coach with a positive trajectory. Georgia Tech makes sense because he would easily transition to their Offense and they were in a BCS Bowl just two seasons ago.

  • Author

Ray added a Toledo offer

 

Andrew Fletcher added an offer to D3 Alfred State.

  • Author

Cole picked up an offer from Louisville today

I don't understand why he would decide so soon? I think he'll have a few more big offers coming. Maybe the UL offer will hold off on an early announcement.

  • Author
I don't understand why he would decide so soon? I think he'll have a few more big offers coming. Maybe the UL offer will hold off on an early announcement.

Can't speak for Bentley....

 

With that from what I gather said he is an honor student, and the type of kid who doesn't want distractions for his team. he also knows he will be going to college and playing a brand new position which he will have to learn.

 

Just throwing a guess out there, but I would anticipate that Bentley may be a prime candidate to be an Early Graduate/Enrollee. If this is the case it would give him all of Spring and Summer to start learning his new position, and help his chances of playing earlier in his career.

 

For those factors it would make sense to go ahead and commit somewhere so early.

Congratulations to Jordan Scott for receiving an offer from Tennessee Tech!!

  • Author

Love it! Congrats to Jordan on a well deserved offer.

 

That makes three Pirate O-Linemen sporting D-1 Offers and 4 Players Overall.

 

Not bad for a school from rural Kentucky!

Someone emailed me this list of offers received by Belfry's Class of 2017 that they copied off of facebook

 

As of today...

 

13346809_10153389083951377_7266828982021601252_n.jpg?oh=20f7875ead1b59bd3c7de1485ff54812&oe=57D45C8C

  • Author

Add an offer to Illinois for Cole

  • Author

Some exciting updates:

 

- Cole Bentley has committed to the University of Louisville

- Andrew Fletcher and Noah Corbett both added offers from Division 3 Mount St. Joseph's

- Cameron Catron receives his first offer from Mount St. Joseph's as well

 

 

 

- That's 7 Pirate Seniors With A College Offer for Division 3 or Higher

- Four Pirate's with Division 1 Offers

- 2 Pirates Committed to Power 5 Conference Schools

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.